12) Darling

"Y'all gonna follow the Creek Bed back, okay? Daryl, you're in charge. Me and Rick, we're just gonna hang back, search this area another hour or so just to be thorough." Shane explained to the group.

Daryl sighed. "You're splitting us up. You sure?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah we'll catch up to you." Shane nodded

Alicia looked to Rick. "I'd like to stay back to, if you don't mind."

Rick nodded, looking to Shane. "I don't see the problem. That way we can cover more ground."

"Alright." Shane agreed.

Daryl looked fo Alicia. "You sure?" He glanced over at Shane, raising his eyebrows.

She nodded. "I'll be alright."

He pulled her away, a few feet from the rest of the group. "If he tries anything... punch him in the nose."

She laughed. "We don't even know if our little theory about him and Lori is right." She chuckled. "I can handle myself. I promise."

"Alright." He sighed. "I'll see you back at the highway. Be careful Darlin'."

Darling

Alicia couldn't help the broad smile that spread across her face when he said it. She grinned, walking back over to Rick and Shane.

"Carl coming with us?" She asked, reaching down to ruffle the boys hair.

Rick chuckled. "Yeah, Lori said he could tag along."

"Well let's get going." Alicia nodded, smiling down to the boy.

—————
They had been walking for a few minutes now, stopping every once in a while to look around for any signs of Sophia.

Car and Alicia were walking a few feet in front of Rick and Shane. Carl tugged on her arm, pointing in front of them. "Look." He whispered.

Alicia followed his finger, looking at the beautiful deer in front of them. "Pretty ain't he." She smiled, watching as Carl walked closer.

She turned, shushing Rick and Shane. "Rick, look." She nodded her head to Carl.

They stood, watching Carl and the deer for a moment before Alicia spotted something a few feet behind the deer.

The barrel of a shotgun.

"Carl!" She yelled, jumping in front of the little boy. Her body hit the ground, and she could feel the bullet lodged deep in her sighed.

Rick and Shane were by her in an instant. "What the hell do we do!?" Rick panicked, looking over her unconscious body.

"Oh my God!" A man's voice startled them. "I thought I hit the deer!" He looked at Alicia on the ground. "I know a doctor."

—————
Daryl's POV:

Daryl walked with the rest of the group through the forest. Lori had been worrying about the gunshot they heard for the past twenty minutes now.

He wouldn't let any of them know, but he was starting to get worried to. What if it was Alicia?

Daryl was drawn out of his thoughts by the sound of Andrea screaming, he looked over to see a girl on a horse save her ass.

"Daryl!" The girl panted. "Are you Daryl?"

"Yeah..." Daryl nodded, walking closer to her.

"Rick sent me." She breathed. "There's been an accident. Alicia's been shot. She's still alive but barely. She keeps asking for you."

"Shit." Daryl said, climbing up on the horse.

"Whoa-whoa-whoa! We don't know this girl. You can't get on that horse." Lori protested.

"Rick said you had others on the highway, that big traffic snarl?" The girl asked.

"Yes." Lori nodded.

"Backtrack to Fairburn road. Two miles down is our farm. You'll see the mailbox-- Name's Greene." With that, the girl and Daryl were gone, racing back to the farm.

"Is she alright?" Daryl asked, already slightly panicked.

"I don't know."