35) Positive

Alicia sat in their little makeshift kitchen beside Hershel. He was holding the baby in one arm, checking over Alicia with the other.

"I think you'll be ok." He smiled. "Keep drinking water and you'll be good as new by tomorrow."

She groaned, laying her head down on the table. "Thank God. If I throw up one more time I'm gonna die."

Hershel chuckled, patting her back. "You'll be fine."

She looked up, recognizing the sound of footsteps coming towards the room. At the door, Rick was looking the bars.

Slowly he opened them, making his way over to Hershel. She watched as he carefully took his daughter from him, smiling down at her.

Alicia looked over to Hershel, flashing him a smile. Maybe things were gonna get better.

The moment ended however when Glenn and Maggie burst through the door. Glenn was holding a woman bridal style in his arms.

"She's hurt." He mumbled, laying her down on the ground. "Passed out right in front of us."

Alicia stood up, walking to take the baby from Rick. "Yall come in here!" Daryl's voice called from the cell block.

"Everything all right?" She called back.

"You're gonna wanna see this." He said.

She, Maggie, Glenn, and Beth all follows a Daryl back into the cell block. He led them into a cell where Carol was laying on a bed.

"Oh God." Alicia breathed, looking at the dirty and ragged woman.

Pretty soon Hershel was following behind them. He came in, immediately starting to examine Carol.

"Poor thing fought her way into a cell. Must have passed out. Dehydrated." Daryl explained.

Alicia let him put his arm around her, kissing her temple. After a minute Hershel was done with Carol, proclaiming she would be fine.

He looked to Alicia and Glenn, pulling them both aside.

They walked to a corner of the room where nobody could hear them. "I want you to take this."

Alicia's heart stopped as Glenn handed her a pregnancy test. "What? Why?" She panicked. "You think I'm pregnant?"

Hershel nodded. "You weren't dehydrated." He sighed. "I think you need to take this... just to be sure."

Alicia nodded. "Ok... ok." She looked to Glenn. "Come with me?"
—————
Alicia opened the door to find Glenn sitting down on the floor. "Now we just have to wait." She sighed, sitting down beside him.

He took her hand in his, squeezing it. "It's gonna be ok." He assured. "Even if you are pregnant."

She shook her head. "You know what happened to Lori... I can't have a baby."

Glenn held her face, making her look at him. "Hey, that's not gonna happen to you. I'm gonna make sure of that. Daryl's gonna make sure of that."

Alicia cried, tears falling onto Glenn's hands as he held her face. "What if he doesn't want a baby?"

Glenn shook his head. "He will. He will love this baby."

Alicia looked down. "And if he doesn't?"

"I'll kick his ass."

Alicia chuckled. "Ok ok." She breathed. "It's time to look." Her hands shook as she took the rest out of her pocket. She let out a finally shaky breath before looking at the little screen.

"Two lines." She breathed. "Two lines."

Glenn looked at her smiling. He pulled her into his chest. "You're pregnant." He breathed.

"I'm pregnant." She couldn't help but smile. "Now I've gotta tell Daryl."

—————
Alicia and Glenn walked back into the cell block. He hugged her tightly, before walking away.

She let out a long breath, walking to where Daryl was standing on the perch. She looked over to Hershel who raised his eyebrows.

She nodded. Positive she mouthed. He flashed her a bright smile, giving her a small thumbs up. She smiled back, feeling a little better.

Slowly she climbed the stairs to where Daryl sat. "Babe." She said quietly.

He turned to her, grunting in response. "There's something... there's something I need to tell you." She struggled getting the words out. Her heart was pounding in her ears.

He nodded, walking towards her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong." She breathed. "At least... I'm not upset with it." She shook her head, her hands shaking again. "Just promise me.... Promise me this won't change anything."

Daryl furrowed his eyebrows. "Darlin' just tell me."

She nodded, slowly taking the test from her pocket and handing it to him. She watched as he stared at it, realization slowly washing over his face.

He looked up at her, and for the first time she saw tears brimming his eyes. "Is this yours?" His voice came out in a horse whisper. "You're not fucking with me?"

She smiled, shaking her head. "It's ours."

Daryl let out a strangled laugh. "Holy shit." He scooped her up in his arms, holding her up so her could look up at her face.

"You're pregnant." He breathed.

Alicia nodded. "I'm pregnant." He let her slide down in his arms so her lips met his. He kissed her hard, smiling as she locked her fingers in his hair. "And I'm terrified." She said when they pulled away.

"What?" He asked, setting her back down. "Why?"

"Because." She breathed. "You know what happened to Lori. What if... what if that happens to me?"

Daryl shook his head. "You think I'm leaving your side after this? Ever?"

She smiled, hugging him tightly. "I love you." She breathe.

He smiled, hugging her back. "I love you too." He pulled away taking her hand. "Now cmon. There's someone outside I want you to meet. We've got to share the good news."