65) Alexandria

Alicia and Aaron stood in front of a large gate. "This is it." He smiled. "Welcome to Alexandria."

Aaron yelled out to whoever was guarding that it was him and slowly the gates opened. He walked with her inside, some people staring at her missing arm.

She stared at the ground as they walked. "I'll take you to Deanna and then we'll get you to Pete."

"Who are they?" Alicia asked.

"Deanna is our leader. Pete's our doctor." He explained.

They walked in silence to a large house. Aaron led her up the stairs, stopping a few doors down in the hallway. He knocked gently. "Deanna."

"Come in." A female voice called out.

He opened the door, walking through. Alicia followed behind him. A woman with short brown hair sat on a couch in the middle of the room. She smiled upon seeing Alicia.

"Who's this?" She asked.

"My names Alicia Dixon." She said. "Aaron found me out in the woods a few miles away. He saved me."

Deanna looked at her arm. "Were you bit?"

Alicia nodded. "I was... but he cut it off before the infection could spread." She took a breath. "I know you probably have lots of questions for me, and that's com understandable... but if you don't mind I'd really like to see a doctor."

Deanna nodded, smiling. "I'll take you there myself." She stood up, walking over to Alicia. "Thank you for bringing her."

Aaron nodded, turning to Alicia. "You should ask her yourself." He whispered.

She smiled, nodding. "Thanks Aaron."

"You're welcome." He walked away. "I'll see you around."

Deanna turned to Alicia. "There's something you want to ask?"

Alicia nodded. "It's kind of a big request... but it's important."

The older woman nodded. "We'll talk as we walk." They exited the room, heading outside into the street. "What's your question?"

"My family and I were separated. My husband and my newborn daughter are out there. As well as my brother and a few of our friends. I'd like your help to find them."

Deanna seemed to consider it for a moment. "Your daughter is a newborn?"

Alicia nodded. "A week old."

"And your husband... how long have you been married?"

Alicia though for a moment, trying to figure out what day it was. "Seven months."

Deanna turned to her. "You were married in the middle of all this?" She asked.

Alicia smiled. "We met back in the beginning, about a month after it all started. We practically fell in love from the start. I got pregnant and we were both super happy... so he asked and I said yes."

The older woman furrowed her brows. "Do you have any idea of where they might be?" She asked.

Alicia sighed. "My brother can't be too far from here. The rest of them... I don't know about."

Deanna was silent as they neared the doctors office. As they walked up the steps, she stopped at the door.

She turned to face Alicia. "I can't guarantee anything, and I'll have to wait until after I interview you to make my final decision... but I'll see what we can do."

Alicia smiled. "Thank you." She breathed. "Really, you have no idea."

Deanna smiled back. "Alexandria is all about family. You deserve to have yours back."