34) Unconscious

A/n: Ok so... I'm changing the plot juuuuust a little. So instead of Merle taking Glenn and Maggie hostage, they're gonna take him to the prison and he's gonna wait outside for Daryl. Don't worry the governor still finds out about them (unfortunately 🙄) so only a little plot change that I need for Daryl and Alicia.

Alicia and Daryl arrived back at the camp. They opened the gates for them, ushering them inside.

Daryl grabbed all of their stuff, walking back into the prison. "You comin'?" He grunted, looking back at her.

She nodded. "Yeah in just a minute." She sighed. "I need some fresh air."

He nodded, turning and walking back inside. Once he was out of sight she bent over, throwing up into the grass.

She grimaced, shaking her head. "Ali, are you ok?"

She looked up to see Glenn walking towards her. She nodded. "I'm fine." She stood up straight. "Just a little nauseas that's all."

He nodded. "You still feel sick?" She was about to answer before she felt more bile rise in her throat, leaning over to throw up again. Glenn rubbed her back. "Guess so." He muttered.

She sighed, letting him help her stand. "I'm ok, let's just go back inside."

He nodded, hooking his arms with hers so she could walk a little easier. She smiled at him, and together they walked to the courtyard and into the cell block.

She scanned the room, looking for Daryl. When she found him he was holding the baby, smiling at her and ticking her chin.

Alicia smiled. God that was adorable. She walked over to him, having to fight Glenn off of her arm. She smiled, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Hey sweetheart." Daryl grinned.

"Hey." She smiled back.

Daryl turned to look at her. "I was talking to the baby." He smirked.

She punched his shoulder lightly. "Asshole."

He just laughed, going back to fawning over to baby. As she leaned against him, she felt another rush of nausea come over her.

Her began to feel lightheaded and vision became blurry. "Daryl." She fell.

He immediately stuck out one arm, catching her before he hit the ground. Beth ran over, taking the baby from him as he kneeled down.

He held her in both arms, moving some hair from her face. She was pale white and burning up.

"Darlin'." He said, gently tapping her face. "Alicia?" He looked around at everyone, they all just seemed to watch. "Get Hershel!" He yelled.

Glenn nodded, running into Hershel's cell and helping him hobble out. He made his way over to Alicia, kneeling down beside them.

Daryl watched anxiously as he checked her over. "Nothing major. Just de-hydrated I imagine." He looked up at Daryl. "It's best we lay her down on a bed. She'll need to drink a bottle of water when she wakes up."

Daryl nodded, effortlessly scooping Alicia into his arms and carrying her into an empty cell. Beth had already gotten a blanket and laid it over the mattress.

He laid her down, sitting on the bed beside her. He sighed, wiping some hair from her face. "I love you."

—————

Alicia woke up, a killer headache forming. "Daryl?"

He looked up, grabbing her hand. "You ok?"

"Yeah." She nodded. She looked around, gathering herself. "I passed out?"

He nodded. "Yeah, Hershel said you were dehydrated." He leaned to the side table, grabbing a water bottle. "Drink this." She took it unscrewing the cap. "Slowly." He warned.

She did as told, taking small sips from the bottle until it was halfway gone. She closed it, handing it back to Daryl. "I'll drink some more in a minute."

He nodded, sitting it between his legs. "You scared the hell out of me today." He sighed.

Alicia chuckled. "M'sorry."

Daryl looked down at his feet. "Hershel said the next time one of us went into town he was gonna get you something that would help. I guess he meant help with your nausea." He shrugged.

"Good because it's killing me."

—————
The next day Glenn and Maggie went on a run. Alicia walked out of her cell, watching as Hershel whispered something to them. Glenn looked over and gave her a weak smile.

She smiled back, not really knowing what that was about. She just decided to brush it off. It was probably about the meds she needed.

She sighed, walking over to Daryl. She came up behind him, sliding her hands around his waste. She rested her head on his back.

"You alright?" He asked, turning around so she was in front of him, still hugging him. He put his arms around her as well.

She nodded into his chest. "I'm alright."

He sighed, kissing the top of her head. They stood there like that for a few minutes, simply holding onto each other.

After a minute Daryl spoke. "You need to drink some water. Let Hershel check ya out."

She nodded, looking up at him. He leaned down, pressing his lips against hers before pulling away. "I love you." Alicia whispered.

"I love you too."