60) Too Far Gone

Rick and the Governor had been talking for a few minutes now. Daryl tapped Alicia's back, handing her a gun. She took it, carful not to disturb Jordan.

She turned to Maggie. "Where's Glenn?"

"He's still in his cell." She answered. "Tyrese and Sasha will tell him what's going on."

"Yeah but he's our sickest person. Someone has to stay with him." She handed Jordan to Beth. "I'll go, you stay here. Beth, Beth, look at me." She pleaded. "Whatever happens, do not leave Daryl's side do you understand me? You and Maggie do not leave his side."

Beth nodded. "Where are you going?" She cried.

"To find my brother." She placed a kiss on Jordan's head before running off back into the prison. She could hear gunfire behind her. "Please keep them safe."

She ran getting so close to the door. A searing pain cut through her shoulder. She let out a pained scream, looking over to see a clean exit wound from a bullet.

"Fuck!" She cursed. She flew open the door, crawling into a small little space. She clamped a hand over her wound, blood still seeping out.

Everything went black.
—————
Beth ran to Daryl, Jordan crying in her arms. "Where's Ali?" He asked her.

"She went to find Glenn. She told me to stay with you." Beth cried.

Daryl too his daughter from her, shushing her. "It's ok Darlin, you're alright." He looked back up at Beth. "Do you know where they are?"

"No." She looked around at the smoke filling the courtyard. "We have to go!"

"I can't leave her." Daryl argued.

"Daryl we've got to get Jordan out of here!"

"Mother fucker."
—————
"Ali." Someone shook her shoulders. "Ali wake up."

She slowly opened her eyes, her vision slightly blurred. "Glenn?" She tried to move, failing when her shoulder screamed with pain. "Shit." Alicia noticed a woman standing behind Glenn. "Who's that?" She asked.

"I'm Tara. I... I was with the Governor but... I didn't fire... I ran." She said shyly.

Alicia nodded. "Where is everyone else?" Her sense began to come back to her, and she realized who she was missing. "Where's Jordan?" She panicked.

Glenn helped her up, trying to calm her. "I don't know, but I'm sure she's ok. Right now we have to get out of here so we can find her."

Alicia nodded. "You're right. You're right. I gave her to Beth. She's ok." She breathed. "Jordan's alright."

Soon the three survivors were running out of the Prison, on their way to find their friends... somehow.

They came out onto the road, panting heavily from running. They spotted a broken down car, Alicia using it as a prop to lean against.

"Did you see if any of my people got out?" Glenn asked Tara.

She shook her head. "All I saw my sister in that field. She wasn't supposed to be there." She began to cry slightly. "She had a gun but they just swarmed her. She wasn't supposed to be there. I did it for him. I trust him. And then he just killed that old man."

Glenn stopped. "Hershel?" Tara and Alicia both stopped walking to. "Was his name Hershel?"

For a moment Alicia recognized the boyishness in his voice, and her heart broke for Glenn. A tiny bit of the boy he used to be was slipping out. A part of the boy she had met back in Atlanta two years ago.

Alicia turned to Glenn, a tear falling down her face. Her back was facing Tara but she still asked. "Tara was the man's name Hershel?"

Tara turned to face them, nodding. "I'm sorry." She cried. "I'm so sorry. Brian... that man told us you were bad people. I know it's not true I can see it's not. So what we did- what I did... I mean I'm a piece of shit. Why would you want my help?" She turned, walking away.

"I don't want it... I need it." Glenn spoke. "I have to find Maggie. Alicia has to Find Daryl and Jordan."

Tara turned back around. "Who's Maggie? Who's Daryl and Jordan?"

"Maggie's my wife." Glenn said.

Alicia sniffed. "Daryl's my husband. Jordan... she's my daughter. She's not even a month old." She put a hand over her mouth, tears streaming down her face. The reality of their situation started to wash over her.

"You guys got separated?" She asked.

"I was in the bus and then I got off the bus to help. She didn't see me." Glenn said.

"How do you know if she made it?"

"I don't know. But Hershel... Maggie's father was a great man. And he told me all I had to do was believe. That's what I'm gonna do. Mom of us should be alive right now. She got out so you're gonna help me find her. You're gonna help Alicia find her family to."

Tara shook her head. "How do you know your daughter's alive?" She asked Alicia.

She smiled. "Because I gave her to Beth... right before I left to find Glenn. I told her to go with Daryl and not to leave his side. I have to believe they're alive to. If I don't... what the hell do I have left?"

Glenn began to walk off. "Things aren't over. They're not over."

"I wanna believe that." Tara said. "I want to."

The three turned as they heard walkers growling. Glenn went to kill them, Alicia following close behind. Tara came to help and soon they were all dead.

Glenn fell to his knees breathing heavily. Alicia rushed over as he fell back, sprawled on the ground. "Glenn. Glenn."

"Hey Glenn." A walker grabbed Tara's shoulders. She pushed it off and Alicia plunged a knife through his skull.

A vehicle pulled up, causing Alicia to pull Tara back. "Hope you enjoyed the show assholes!" Tara yelled.

Two men and a woman stepped out. One man was a redhead with a handlebar mustache. The other was chubby with a long black mullet. The woman was short, her black hair pulled into a ponytail.

"You got a damn mouth on you, you know that?" The redhead said. "What else you got?"