47) Yes

Rick, Daryl, and Hershel had come back. Alicia immediately ran to meet Daryl, watching as he climbed off of his Motorcycle.

"You ok?" She asked.

He grunted, nodding. "Merle do anything stupid?" He asked.

Alicia sighed. "Tried to fight Glenn... you know the usual."

He nodded. Suddenly he stopped, turning to face her. "I love you."

She furrowed her brows, looking up at him. "I love you too... what's wrong?"

He sighed, shaking his head. "Nothin', nothin'."

Alicia raised an eyebrow. "Daryl... that's a lie."

His eyes softened and his hands made their way to gently hold her face. She recoiled at first before remembering who was touching her. Daryl noticed this, his lips pulling down to a frown.

"That's what's wrong." He breathed. "I can't even touch you because of that bastard."

She looked down, resting her head against his chest. "I'm sorry." She said softly.

Daryl shook his head. "No. No it's not your fault. He did this. Not you." Alicia looked back up at him. "And I'm gonna kill him."

She sniffed, burying her face back into his chest. She breathed deeply, filling her nose with the sent of pine trees, rain, and cigarette smoke.

"Seeing him so close... I could've put an arrow through his head. I should've done that."

"It's ok Daryl." She pulled back, sliding her hand into his. "I'm ok."

He nodded. "I'll wait."

Alicia knew what he meant, and she couldn't be more grateful.

—————

The group stood in the cell block of the prison, waiting for Rick to explain their next steps.

"So I met this governor." He started. "Sat with him for quite a while."

"Just the two of you?" Merle asked. Rick nodded. "Should've gone when we had the chance, bro." Alicia scoffed as he walked past Glenn.

"He wants the prison." Rick continued. "He wants us gone. Dead. He wants us dead." He paused for a moment, looking at Alicia. "Except for you. He wants you for himself."

Daryl tensed beside her. Rick had apparently not shared this information with him.

"But we're not gonna let him have Ali. Or this prison." He looked around at the group, nodding. "We're going to war."

Rick walked away, leaving the rest of the group to silently agree that they had each others backs.

Daryl nodded to Merle before taking Alicia's hand and walking up to their perch. Alicia didn't know what that nod meant but the two brothers did.

It was a silent pact between the two that whatever happened, Alicia wouldn't be touched by the governor or anyone from Woodbury.

Even though Merle didn't particularly love her, Alicia was his brothers girl. As long as the two of them were around, nothing was hurting her.

Merle walked towards Glenn. "You with me and my brother? You gone keep the girl safe?"

Glenn nodded, throwing a gun over his shoulder. "Nobody touches her."

—————
Rick had just told Alicia, Hershel, and Daryl their plan to get to the governor. They had agreed, really seeing it as their only way.

Rick was going back inside to talk to Merle, Hershel following him back into the prison. Alicia and Daryl still stood outside, looking out at the yard.

"Ali." Daryl spoke quietly. "I got... I got a question."

She turned to look at him, furrowing her brows when she noticed the nervousness that laced his voice.

"What is it?" She asked.

He let out a shaky breath, kicking a rock by his foot. "You know I love you. You... you got me wrapped around your finger and you know I'd do anythin' for you."

She nodded, walking closer to him. "And you know I feel the same about you."

He nodded, chewing on his bottom lip. She watched as he reached into his pocket, pulling something out.

"I figured I outta ask you before anything bad happened, and we got a baby on the way...I just been trynna find the right words is all." He said nervously.

He held open the palm of his hand, showing her the two items he had pulled out of his pocket. They shimmered in the sunlight.

They were simple but they screamed Alicia Smith and Daryl Dixon

They were simple but they screamed Alicia Smith and Daryl Dixon. She looked up at him, her mouth falling open in shock.

"You're kidding." She breathed. "Like you're fucking with me."

Daryl laughed, watching as she put her hands on her head, turning away from him. "I'm not."

"Stop!" She laughed. "Daryl you're not. There's no way."

He shook his head, grabbing her shoulder. He pulled her around to face him, looking her dead in the eye. "I am."

She stopped moving as he held the ring up to her face so she could see it.

"Will you marry me?"

Alicia didn't answer, grabbing the back of his neck and kissing him hard. He was shocked at first before moving his lips with hers, holding tightly to her waist.

She pulled away, a huge smile on her face. "Yes." She nodded.

Daryl grinned, taking her hand and slipping the ring onto her finger. "I can wait to wear mine if you want. We can get Rick or Hershel to do a little ceremony if y-"

"Shut up." She took the other ring from him, slipping it onto his finger. "I don't want to wait."

Daryl smiled, reading his forehead against hers. "Alicia Dixon."

She smirked. "Could be Daryl Smith."

He laughed shaking his head. "Naw. You keep my last name. Everybody will know who you belong to."