71) Leather

Daryl, Alicia, Carol, and Rick were standing on the porch of Rick's house. Alicia was leaning against the railing, holding a sleeping Jordan.

"So we're staying?" Carol looked to Rick.

He flashed a small smile. "I think we can start sleeping in our own homes, settle in."

Alicia rolled her eyes. "I said that in the beginning but you didn't trust me." She said sarcastically.

Rick chuckled. "Just a precaution."

She nodded. "I know. I can't believe I got Daryl to stay with just the three of us in my house."

He looked at her, scoffing. "Cause I knew you weren't sleeping with the rest of us. I ain't about to leave you and Jorgie by yourselves."

Carol still seemed skeptical. "We get comfortable here... we let our guard down, this place is gonna make us weak."

"Carl said that. But it's not gonna happen." He walked to the railing, standing beside Alicia. He looked down at her prosthetic arm. "We won't get weak. That's not in us anymore."

"We'll make it work." She agreed.

"If they can't make it... then we'll just take this place."

The other three adults shared a look, Alicia watching Rick skeptically. He walked off, going inside.

"You think this is a good idea?" Daryl asked.

Alicia sighed. "Guess we'll find out."
—————
Rick, Daryl, and Carol had gone out on some secret mission. Alicia was still in bed, groaning as she heard a knock on the door.

She sighed, sliding out from under the warm covers and placing her feet on the cold floor. She threw on one of Daryl's shirts before going to open the door.

Standing outside was Beth and Glenn, both smiling at her. "Good morning." She muttered, opening the door and walking into the kitchen.

"You look like shit." Beth grinned.

Alicia stood on her tippy toes, reaching into the top shelf to grab a bottle of whiskey. "I'm not awake yet." She mumbled.

"Are you seriously drinking at 7:00 in the morning?" Glenn chuckled.

She set a glass on the counter, glaring at him. "I wasn't able to drink, or have a cigarette for nine months." She said dryly. "Let me live a little."

Glenn and Beth just laughed, watching as she downed the glass of whiskey. She grimaced as it burned her throat but sighed in relief as it warmed her.

"Beth you gonna keep Jordie today?" She asked.

"Of course." Beth nodded. "I'm keeping her and Jessie's youngest little boy."

Alicia smiled. "I'm glad you've found something to do. You're good with kids."

Glenn chuckled. "Alright Ali, go brush your hair, and put on some clothes. We've got work to do."

She groaned, walking back into her bedroom and flipping him off at the same time.

She put on some actually working clothes and walked into Jordan's room. Beth was already in there, giving her a bottle.

"Good morning honest." Alicia smiled, kissing the top of her head. "Be good for aunt Beth, ok?"

Jordan just looked up at her mother, drinking down the bottle full of formula. Alicia just smiled at Beth. "Thanks for watching her."

"Anytime."

Alicia walked back into the living room where Glenn was waiting for her. He stood up, walking towards the door. "You ready?" He asked.

"I guess so."

Together they went outside, loading their things into one of the cars. Alicia got in the passenger side, letting Glenn.

She laughed as he complained about having to drive. Eventually he sighed, starting up the car.

As the gates opened, they sped out into the open road. They were headed into town on a small supply run for their group.

Carol had requested some bath products, Maggie needed a new toothbrush, Carl wanted new comics, and Alicia wanted some new clothes. She was sick and tired of wearing the same two outfits.

Glenn stopped the car in front of a little strip mall. Alicia grinned seeing an American Eagle and a few other name brand clothing stores.

Glenn chuckled as her face lit up. "Go ahead, I'll find Maggie's things and Carl comics. Can you get Carols?"

"Yep." She smiled, jumping out of the car. With a small skip in her step she walked up to the door of a Rouge. She slowly opened the door, taking her fist and hitting the wall.

She waited a moment, listening for any walkers. She heard the low moan of one, and spotted it trudging slowly towards her.

She drew her knife, waiting as it got close before plunging it in his skull. She waited a few more seconds before deciding it was clear.

She smiled to herself as she walked through the isles, picking out T-Shirts, jeans and other clothing.

Eventually she had everything she wanted and was about to leave before a sign caught her eye.

Women's Leather

She looked around, finding an abandoned shopping cart and piling her clothes into it. She wheeled the cart into the section and grinned at what she saw.

Racks on Racks of leather clothing was right in front of her. Pants, gloves, boots, and most importantly... tons of leather jackets.

She practically skipped over to the jackets, getting lost in the different styles and colors: she kept looking until she finally found the perfect one. It was exactly like the jacket her best friends Jordan had gifted her for her 21st birthday.

It was cropped with buckles and zippers on the side.

She smiled, shrugging it on

She smiled, shrugging it on. It fit perfectly, and she happily walked out of the store, meeting up with Glenn.

He raised an eyebrow at her cart full of clothes and the jacket already on her back. "Find a bunch of stuff?" He chuckled.

She rolled her eyes. "No none of it really peaked my interest." She nudged his arm. "All we have left is Carols stuff. There wasn't anything in there she'd want."

"Well let's get it done."