44) We're Going To War

Daryl and Alicia were sitting on their bed, almost asleep when Rick ran into their room. "There's someone here! Grab your guns!"

Alicia bolted up, checking to make sure her hand gun was in her holster before grabbing her rifle. She threw Daryl his crossbow, grabbing his leather jacket and tugging it on.

"What's that for?" He asked.

She shrugged. "You have your vest... I have your jacket."

They ran out into the courtyard, Rick and Merle leading the way. "Go." Rick said. Merle ran to stand behind another car.

"Clear!" He called back to them.

The four of them ran towards the gate, spreading out in case of an attack. "Are you alone?" Rick asked.

"Open the gate." The woman pleaded. Alicia swore she recognized that voice.

"Are you alone!?" Rick yelled again.

"Rick!" She yelled back. He nodded to Daryl, throwing him the keys.

Andrea.

Alicia realized who she was as Rick forced her to drop her weapon, pushing her against the fence. He checked her for more weapons.

Alicia looked to Daryl who had his crossbow raised to her head. She watched as a walker came to the gate.

Andrea screamed, letting Rick push her onto her knees on the ground. He held his gun up to her head.

Daryl, Merle, and Alicia looked around the fences, making sure she really was alone. "I asked if you were alone." Rick snapped.

"I am." She breathed, obviously shocked by this... warm welcome. She gasped as Rick snatched the bag from around her, throwing it a few feet away.

He walked around, looking for any signs of people. Finally he leaned down, sighing. "Welcome back." He patted her arm. "Get up."

Andrea did as told, watching as Rick walked away . She scoffed, turning her head to look at Alicia.

Alicia grinned, hugging her. "A lots happened since we were separated." She sighed.

"Tell me." Andrea said, pulling away.

"Well... Lori had Judith, but it killed her." Alicia sighed. "We lost T-Dog to." She looked over to Daryl who was watching their interaction. "And I'm pregnant."

Andreas eyes widened, her mouth falling open. "You're gonna have a baby!?" She hugged Alicia again. "I'm so happy for you."

Alicia laughed, looking over at Daryl. He had a small smirk on his lips. One that was only for Alicia to see.

"We're really happy." She sighed, resting her hands on her stomach.

"You and Daryl are going strong then?" Andrea smiled.

"Oh yeah." Alicia nodded.

"How far along are you?" She asked, walking with her towards the prison.

"About a month." Alicia nodded. "That's what Hershel thinks. I didn't even know I was pregnant until he made me take a test."

Andrea nodded. "You'll make a great mom."

Alicia looked down at her feet. "Thanks." She shook her head, picking up the pace. "C'mon. You gotta see the rest of the prison."

—————
"I don't get it. I left Atlanta with you people and now I'm the odd man out?"

Alicia had to admit... Andrea had a point. But so did Rick. It wasn't safe to have her here.

"He almost killed Michonne." Glenn said. "He would have killed us." He looked to Alicia.

Andrea scoffed. "With his finger on the trigger!" She pointed to Merle. "Isn't he the one who kidnapped you? Who beat you?" She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Look. I cannot excuse or explain what Phillip has done. But I am here trying to bring us together. We have to work this out."

"There's nothing to work out." Rick spoke. "We're gonna kill him." He looked around. "I don't know how, or when, but we will."

"We can settle this. There is room at Woodbury for all of you!" She pleaded.

Merle chuckled. "You know better than that."

Alicia shook her head, tired of the arguing. "Andrea... how can you be so sure he wants to negotiate? Did he say that?"

"No."

She scoffed. "So why the hell are you here?"

Andrea scowled. "I don't know what it is with you Alicia. You're so glad to see me one minute... and now you're at my throat! I came because Phillip is gearing up for war! His people see you as killers."

Daryl stood up, walking to put his arm around Alicia's waste. "Well the next time you see Phillip... you tell him I'm gonna take his other eye."

Andrea stared at Daryl and Alicia, her mind whirring at what could have happened that made them so angry. Sure he took them and hurt them... but where was this hatred coming from?

"Look... I don't know what he did to you, but it couldn't have been bad enough to start a war over!"

Alicia scoffed. "Not bad enough to start a war over? Let me ask you something? Has your little boyfriend told you he loves you? Told you how much he cares about you?"

"I-"

"Yeah, he's a lying, cheating, bastard. Really focus on the cheating part." She scoffed, pulling away from Daryl. She walked over to one of the tables, sitting on top of it.

Andrea thought for a moment before it clicked in her mind. "Alicia..."

"Look we've taken too much shit for too long." Glenn said. "If he wants a war he's got one."

Andrea shook her head. "Rick. If you don't sit down and try to work this out... I don't know what's gonna happen. He has a whole town." She sighed, turning away from him. "Look at you. You've lost so much already. You can't stand alone anymore."

"You want to make things right, get us inside." Alicia snapped.

"No."

Rick shrugged. "Then we got nothing to talk about."

"There are innocent people!" She tried to persuade him but he left, the door slamming behind him.

Daryl walked over to Alicia, sitting down beside her. "Looks like we're going to war."

She sighed. "Looks like it."