33) I Love You

Glenn, Alicia, and Axel ran through a corridor of the prison. They had split up, trying to find the generators faster.

Alicia smiled as the alarm stopped. "They did it." She breathed. "Cmon let's go find them."

They walked back through the corridors until they found each other. Daryl walked to stand beside Alicia. "That was hot." He said huskily in her ear.

"I bet it w-" She stopped talking as they came upon two walkers hunched over a body. It was T-Dog. Daryl bent down, picking something up off of the floor. It was Carols scarf. He shared a look with Alicia.

They walked out of the prison in silence, going back out into the courtyard. "Hershel!" Rick yelled.

"You didn't fine em'?" Hershel asked.

"We thought maybe they can back out here." Glenn sighed.

"What about T, Carol?"

"They didn't make it." Daryl shook his head.

"That doesn't mean the others didn't. We're going back! Daryl and Glenn, you come with me..." Rick trailed off as he heard a baby cry.

They looked behind Rick, watching as Maggie walked into the courtyard, a baby in her arms and Carl beside her... but no Lori.

Rick ran towards them. "Where is... where is she?" He asked. Maggie didn't answer. He groaned, trying to go back into the prison.

"No, Rick don't!" Maggie stopped him.

They watched as Rick began to break down, Daryl rubbing Alicia's arm. She looked up at him before walking over to Maggie.

"Here." She said quietly. "I'll take the baby." Maggie nodded, giving her a small hug before handing her the baby and letting Glenn hold her.

Alicia walked back over to Daryl, baby in her arms. Daryl looked down at it, gently smiling as Alicia rocked it back and forth.

He cleared his throat, nervously putting a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him, a few tears on her face.

"I..." he sighed, pulling her into a hug. "I love you."

She cried harder, holding the baby between them. She looked up, tears flowing freely down her face. She nodded. "I love you too."

—————
Daryl kneeled down, waving his hand in front of Rick's face. "Rick. Rick you with me?"

He sighed, standing up. He walked over to Alicia. "Let me see the baby." She looked up raising her eyebrows. Daryl Dixon asking to hold a baby wasn't something you see everyday.

He rolled his eyes, sticking out his arms impatiently. She hesitantly placed the baby in his arms. She watched as he gently held it, looking down.

She smiled to herself. That might be the cutest thing she's ever seen.

Lori just died... not the time for baby fever. She thought to herself. To be honest I didn't really like Lori but it's still sad...

Alicia shook her head, getting rid of these though before looking back to Daryl.

"We're gonna need to feed it soon." She sighed.

"We got anythin' a baby can eat?" Daryl asked.

Hershel walked over, examining the baby. "The good news is, she looks healthy."

She.

Maggie must have told Hershel it was a girl. Alicia smiled to herself. Maybe it'll look like Lori and not Rick... or Shane...

"But she needs formula, and soon or she won't survive."

Daryl held the baby closer to him. "No. No way. Not her." He shook his head. "We ain't losing nobody else." He handed the baby off to Beth. "I'm going on a run."

"I'm coming with you." Alicia said. Daryl nodded.

"Okay, think where we're goin'. Beth." He looked to her. "Kid just lost his mom. His dad ain't doing so hot."

"I'll look out for him."

Alicia's heart clenched as Daryl took charge, looking down at the baby before he grabbed Alicia's hand and walked away.

He opened the truck door for her. "Wish we could take the bike." He sighed, getting in on the drivers side.

"We've got a lot of shit to carry back." She sighed, scooting closer on the bench seat so snuggled against his side.

They sped off out of the prison, Alicia gripping Daryl's hand. As they rode in silence Alicia began to feel nauseous. Her stomach turned with every bump, and the longer they drove the worse it got.

She grimaced, sitting up straight. "Babe, you gotta pull over." She coughed.

Daryl looked over, taking in her pale face. He stopped the truck immediately. "What's wrong?"

She opened the passenger door, holding up a finger to him as she leaned over and threw up. Daryl sighed, scooting over towards her.

He gathered her hair up, holding it back in one hand as the other rubbed soothingly along her back.

She sat back up slowly, wiping her mouth. She scrunched her face up at the taste. "Here." Daryl grabbed a water bottle and handed it to her.

She put some water in her mouth before swishing it around and spitting it out. "Better?" He asked.

She nodded, leaning against him. "Much better." She sighed. "I don't know why I got sick. I feel fine now."

He shrugged. "It's been a long day. Let's jus' get this shit and go, huh?"

She nodded. "Sounds like a plan."

He smiled, kissing her forehead. "I love you."

She smiled to, grabbing his hand. "I love you too."