21) Randall

TRIGGER WARNING!! There is some talk of self harm in this chapter with Beth!! Please skip if you are not comfortable reading this!!! Remember my page is a safe space and I love you all!! 🥰🥰

"Who the hell is that?" Alicia's asked, walking outside. She pointed to a man in the backseat.

"That's Randall."

Shane looked at Rick like he was crazy. "We couldn't just leave him behind. He would've bled out, if he lived that long. It's gotten bad in town."

"What do we do with him?" Alicia's asked, watching as Hershel walked towards the group.

"I repaired his calf muscle as best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week." Hershel explained.

"When he is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, send him on his way." Rick nodded.

Andrea furrowed her brows. "Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?"

"He'll have a fighting chance." Rick shook his head.

"Just gonna let him go?" Shane scoffed. "He knows where we are."

"He was blindfolded the whole way here." Rick sighed. "He's not a threat."

"Not a threat. How many of them were there?
You killed three of their men, you took one of them hostage, but they just ain't gonna come looking?"

"They left him for dead." Rick said lowly. "No one is looking."

"We should still post a guard." Shane suggested.

Alicia backed Rick up. "He's obviously out cold right now. Probably will be for hours."

"You know what? I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy. Look at this, folks... We back in fantasy land." Shane laughed.

"You know, we haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn yet. Let me make this perfectly clear, once and for all... This is my farm. Now I wanted you gone. Rick talked me out of it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favor... Keep your mouth shut." Hershel's warned him before walking away.

Alicia smirked, eyeing Shane up and down. "I guess he told you."

—————

It had been a few days since they brought Randall back. Rick and Shane had driven him away, planning on dropping him off.

Alicia was sitting in the R.V. with Dale, cleaning her gun.

"Y'know I didn't like it at first." Dale said, sliding a cup of coffee towards her.

"Didn't like what?" She asked, taking a sip from the cup. "My wonderful personality?"

Dale laughed, shaking his head. "No, I didn't mind that." He looked to her, his mood becoming serious. "I was worried about you and Daryl. I know he can be... a lot sometimes. And that day I found you crying... well it made me worry." He laughed. "Of course Andrea says I overstep by worrying."

"Hey." Alicia put her hand over his. "It's nice to have someone worry about me." She shook her head. "Sounds crazy but I see you as a father figure almost."

Dale smiled at her. "That means a lot to me Ali. It really does. Like I told you your first night at camp, I see you like family."

"My father was never there for me. He was abusive and... he was just shit." She laughed. "He's dead now, I think. I don't know if I care to be honest."

Dale sighed. "We don't all get to have a wonderful family life, unfortunately. That's why I always say blood doesn't make family."

She smiled, squeezing his hand that still sat under hers. "No... family is definitely a choice." She nodded. "I stopped calling him dad a long time ago. Started calling him by his name."

Dale smiled. "Well... for the record, I'll always be here for you. If you ever need to talk, you know where to go." He paused. "What was your father name?"

"N-"

"Alicia!" It was Maggie. "It's Beth! She's cut her wrists! Can you sit with her while I find dad?"

Alicia jumped up, running into the house. "Where is she?" She asked, Lori.

"In the bedroom." She grabbed her arm. "Don't let Andrea anywhere near her."

She nodded, walking into the bedroom. Beth was holding a rag against her wrists. "I'm so sorry." She cried, looking up Alicia.

She shook her head, sitting down beside her. "Beth, honey it's ok." She said. "You don't have anything to apologize for."

Beth cried harder. "I shouldn't have done it."

Alicia sighed, holding out her own wrists. "I always tell people they're accidents. Most of the time they believe me... Daryl did anyway."

Beth looked over the scars she had. "There's not many because my mom found out before I could cut too many times."

The younger girl looked up at Alicia, tears spilling down her face. "Is it gonna be ok?" She asked.

Alicia sighed, putting her hand on her shoulder. "I don't know." She looked down. "It got better for me. I found Daryl and... and he makes me happy. That's what keeps me going. The people."

Beth nodded. "I have to remember the people."

Alicia smiled. "Even the ones you've lost. They're the most important." She sighed, opening her arms. "Come here."

Beth smiled to, hugging Alicia. "Is she alright?!" Hershel's voice cut through the room. "Oh honey, what were you thinking?" He breathed, kneeling down beside her.

"I'm sorry daddy." She cried, pulling away from Alicia. "I just wanted it all over."

Alicia offered Hershel a smile as he hugged his daughter.

"Thank you." Beth mumbled to her before she walked out of the room.