38) One Fucking Scratch

They had come up with a plan to get themselves out. Alicia stood at the door with Glenn. They listened for the footsteps outside and soon they were ready.

"Now or never." Alicia sighed, kicking open the door. She pushed one of the men back, grabbing his knife.

She pinned him against the wall, using her free hand to drive the knife into his throat. "You're dead." She groaned, letting him slide onto the floor.

She grabbed his gun, turning to Merle who had Glenn on the ground. "Let him go!" She barked.

He looked up at her raising his hands. "Ok."

She felt a pair of hands grab her, taking the gun away. She looked to Glenn as more men came into the hallway, taking them both back into a room.

They had them on their knees, kneeling on the hard floor. She looked over to Glenn, trying to hold back tears. "It's gonna be alright." He said, taking her hand. She nodded, refusing to let the tears flow down her face, she couldn't cry now.

She sat still as they put a bag over her head, grabbing her to stand up. They walked only a few feet before she heard a loud bang, making her fall back onto the floor.

She managed to get the bag off her head, looking around. "Daryl!" She yelled, jumping up to wrap her arms around him.

"Cmon." She said, quickly kissing her temple before taking her hand and dragging her away.

Rick led them outside. They ran to a little house a few yards away, darting inside and closing the door.

"Ain't no way out back here." Daryl said, still holding onto Alicia.

Maggie was there, quickly hugging her before kneeling down to help Glenn.

"Rick how did you find us?" Alicia asked.

"How bad are you hurt?" He asked, looking at Glenn.

"We'll be alright." He groaned.

"Where's that woman?" Alicia asked, referring to the girl that had been with them a few seconds ago.

"She was right behind us." Rick said, looking out of the window.

"Maybe she was spotted." A man suggested.

"Want me to go look for her?" Daryl asked.

"No. She's on her own." Rick said. He pointed to Glenn. "We gotta get him outta here."

"Daryl." Glenn breathed heavily. "This was Merle. He did this."

"You saw him?" Daryl asked, turning to Alicia.

She nodded. "Face to face. He took us from the prison."

Daryl walked to Glenn. "So... my brother is this Governor?"

"No." Alicia shivered. "Somebody else."

"He's a sick bastard." Glenn snapped.

Daryl sent him a look. Alicia just grabbed his arm, shaking her head. "Your brothers his side bitch." Alicia scoffed.

Daryl furrowed his brows. "Look we gotta go!" Rick ordered. "Can you walk?" He asked Glenn.

He nodded, and the group was out the door. It was a blur of bullets and smoke bombs but eventually they made it to the wall.

Rick helped Alicia over, Maggie helping her down from the other side. Once everyone was over, Rick and the new woman began to argue.

Alicia looked around at the group, not finding the one person she needed. "Where's Daryl?" She asked.

She looked to Maggie who just held her close, watching as she looked around frantically. "We need to go. We'll find him tomorrow."

"No!" Alicia hissed. "I am not leaving without him. If anything happens to him-"

"Alicia we've got to go." Rick cut her off. "We can't fight anymore. We're low on ammo and it's dark. There's no point."

She sighed, running her hand through her hair. "If he has much as one fucking scratch on him..."