51) Never Ends

Seven months. Alicia was Seven months pregnant and she was glowing. Hell, she was nearing eight months and she couldn't be more excited.

She was so ready to meet her baby. Daryl was just as excited, constantly asking Hershel about how much longer they had to wait.

She was currently walking outside of the prison, a hand on her bump and a basket of vegetables under her other arm.

She smiled spotting Daryl and Carol talking under the pavilion.

"You're gonna have to learn to live with the love." She heard Carol tell him.

Alicia set the basket on the table, smiling. "He's already learned to live with it." She leaned up to kiss his cheek. "He's married to me."

"Right." Daryl nodded sarcastically. He put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her into his side.

Carol smiled at the two before turning serious again. "I need you to see something." She said. "Patrick you wanna take over?"

A young boy they had taken in walked over and smiled. "Yes ma'am." He looked at Daryl who had removed his arm from around Alicia, eating something from a bowl.

"Uh Mr. Dixon." Daryl looked up at him, grunting. "I just wanted to thank you for bringing that deer back yesterday. It was a real treat sir... and I'd be honored to shake your hand."

Alicia suppressed a snort as Patrick extended his hand to her husband. Daryl hesitated for a moment, looking from the boys face to his hand. He sighed, licking his fingers before slapping their hands together, giving it a firm shake.

"And congratulations." Patrick said when they pulled away. "To you and your wife on the baby. I'm sure you're both very excited."

Alicia smiled, kissing Patrick's cheek. "Thank you." She grabbed Daryl's hand, grinning as they walked away.

"You kiss all your boyfriends like that?" Daryl asked her.

She nudged his ribs. "Only my favorites."

"Only your favorites." He laughed. They walked a little further until Alicia spotted Glenn a few yards away.

"Hey you guys go on. Daryl will catch me up later." Alicia squeezed his hand before turning to walk over to Glenn.

He smiled as he saw her walking up, putting down the rifle he had in his hands. She sat down on a little bench that he was standing by, arching her back to pop it.

"How goes it?" She asked.

He smiled, sitting down beside her. "Just another day in the life." He grinned. He glanced down at her stomach. "How's baby Dixon?"

Alicia laughed. "Well recently they've been kicking the shit out of me so I think they're good."

Glenn laughed as well, letting her lean her head on his shoulder. "You're due in one month and a week... how you feel about that?"

Alicia smiled, resting her hand against her stomach. "Pretty damn good. I'm just glad we've made it past the second trimester."

Glenn raised his eyebrows, nodding. "Yeah so we're Daryl and I." He laughed. "Do you realize how many times a day you threw up?"

"And I was always around one of you two." She nodded, laughing. "I think I'm allergic to yall."

Glenn playfully shoved her arm. "Shut up."
—————

Daryl loaded up the back of the truck, getting it ready for a run. Alicia leaned against the front door, watching as Beth made her way over to her boyfriend.

She smiled as they kissed, talking about something. Daryl walked over to her, kissing her cheek.

"You sure you don't need my help?" Alicia asked, putting her arms around his neck.

He rolled his eyes. "Darlin' you're carrying a baby the size of Rick's ego around. You ain't coming."

She laughed, shaking her head. "Fine."

They watched as Beth walked past them, grinning to herself. Daryl scoffed. "It's like a damn romance novel."

Alicia rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah like you didn't do the same shit two years ago."

Daryl pointed a finger at her. "It was cool when I did it."

She watched him get on his motorcycle, waving to him as they drove off. She sighed, going back into the cell blocks.

It had been a really good six months. She prayed it never ends.