4

Noella

It's now 3 hours away from Amsterdam and I feel something heavy on my shoulder. I sigh slightly and I look beside me. That guy next to me fall asleep on my shoulder. If it can not be more annoying than it already is. I try to push him away of my shoulder and he wakes up, fuck. I try to do it so careful so he wouldn't wake up. But my mission failed sadly.

"I'm sorry, I'm deeply sorry," he apologizes and put his hands on his head. "Oh my god," he whispers and I bite on my lip. "It's fine," I mutter and he turn around. "Let's restart. We had a bad start and should redo it," he suggests and I look at him. Like I said his eyes are very unique but so special as well. "Well okay," I say and he looks up for a second before his eyes make contact with mine.

"My name is Martijn, but people call me Martin," he says and I quickly. "Why that?" I ask him. "Because I'm Dutch and non Dutch people can't pronounce the ij sound, just lie the hard g sound," he tells me. "Yours?. He asks me. "Noella," I say and he smiles. "Noella, unique," he compliments and I nod. "Why are you going to Amsterdam?" He asks me.

"Well start a new lift there," I simply say it as it is. "Dope," he answers and I nod, I don't know what to say to him. I think it is still weird he suddenly wants to talk. "I could never," he chuckles. "Why not?" I ask him. "Well. I'm barely in my home country so I could never start a new life somewhere. I already barely see my family and friends so it's not for me," he says and i reply with a simple oh. My mind starts immediately asking what he does? I mean which job have you gotta do to be barely around friends and family. Something where you travel around the globe with, I guess.

"Can I ask what for job you do?" I ask him. "Uhm, I-I do light designing," he says quickly.! Bit stuttering but whatever. "Really, what does it mean?" I ask him, I have no idea what is is, what are you even supposed to do and what has it to do with traveling? There're so many question revolving in my head and they won't stop.

"I uhm do the lights of a popular DJ and combine them with the music," he explains. That surely sounds so cool. "That sounds so dope," I smile and he nods. "And travel around huh," I say and he chuckles shortly. "Oh yeah. Really love traveling and experiencing new cultures and meet new people," he says.

A phone goes off and I look around. It's his phone. "Need to pick this up," he says and picks up the phone. "Hi with Martijn," he says and I concentrate on my own work.

"Oh hey, yeah, I'm on my way," he says and chuckles.

"You don't have to. Babe please no," he says and I bite on my lip.

Of course he has a girlfriend, I mean he's very good looking.

"You don't have to pick me up, I'm arriving at 10 pm. You gotta be ready for tomorrow, a big day for you," he says.

"No no no. Babe, listen listen. Don't have to okay? I'll fix something, see you in a bit," he smiles softly.

He's so cute for his girlfriend.

"Okay, see you bye bye. I love you, bye babe," he says and hangs up.

I look up and he puts the phone away. "A girlfriend?" I ask him. "Yup, we're together for a year," he says. "Oh that's nice," I say and he nods. Somehow his face tells something differently than he tells me. "You?" He asks me. "Never dated," I say and he looks at me, "noway," he mutters and shake his head. "I'm not kidding," I mutter and he bite on his lips.

"Why so surprised?" I ask him. "Well. I didn't expect it," he shrug his shoulders. "Why?" I ask him. I'm now really curious for the answer why? "Because you're obviously pretty," he compliments me. He thinks I'm pretty? "Well thanks," I say and he smiles softly.

It becomes silent between us and he scratches his jawline. "You don't have to tell your whole live story to me, Im just a normal simple human being," I say and he chuckles. "It's not that," he says and I nod. I shrug my shoulders and put in my headphones to listen to music. I was listening to music and journaling to write down my thoughts and feelings. Because I do feel quite nervous now I'm almost there.

Occasionally he starts doing something for himself, working on his laptop it seems like it. We both are doing our thing in silence and the time flies by quickly.

🫧

Before I could even realize the plane has already landed and we're on the ground. I pack all of my stuff and Martin next to me does the same thing. "Welcome in my home country," he says and I chuckle. "Thanks, you welcome back," I say and he nods a few times. "Hope you enjoy it as much as other people do," he says and I nod. I smile softly and I get up, I grab my jacket and I walk out of the plane. Once I'm off the plane, I make my way to the luggage hall to pick them up. I seriously didn't know it was like a walk of 20 minutes. How big is the airport over here?

I'm waiting on my luggage, i look around and can't seem to find that Martin guy. Well ,it must be for once, I probably would never see him again. A little girl is winking at me and giggles. I wave at her and she smiles back. I smile back to her and than our eye contact breaks because she screams that her suitcase is there. It's a cute pink suitcases with stickers on it. She looks so cute. She waves at me but her mom takes her by her hand and they walk away to the doors to disappear. I wave back and I spot my own two suitcases. I grab them quickly and walk away out of luggage hall as well. To my apartment I hire for a year.