18

Noella

I arrive in Toronto and I see my mom standing on the arrival hall. I smile and hug her immediately. "Oh it is so good to see you back," she smiles. I told her that the last few weeks were quite heavy. "You're so much happier some how," she says surprised. Is it that visually on me? I chuckle and shrug it off. Like Martijn said, no parents yet. We just want to enjoy our time off without our parents looking at us. We walk towards the car and mom is hugging me tightly.

In the car I text Martin I have landed safely, he really wanted that I said that to him. So he could sleep peacefully. I put my phone off after sending it and my mom is focused on the road. "How did it go last few weeks sweetheart?" Mom asks and smiles softly at me. "The first three weeks are terrible, like really. I didn't had friends and I barely came outside," I tell her. She nods and bits on her lip. She is so scared my depression episodes come back and change the way I am as a person. "But I met a friend at the plane and our contact started after two weeks. We hang out a lot and we became really great friends," I say and she smiles softly.

I don't tell her that the friend I'm talking about, I kind of date him as well,

"I found a job I really like and colleges I actually like. Life is going pretty fine now mom," I say and she smiles proudly. "Good to hear," she says and is back focusing on the road. She turns left and I totally relax in the princess treatment seat. Hahaha. "This is Martin Garrix with his recent and newest song called real love," the radio presenter tells us and plays on the song.

I sing a long and mom chuckles. "How do you know this?" She asks me surprised, "it's just new?" I shrug my shoulder and sing along. It's beautiful song and beautiful melody. Melody feels like I heart it before. But I can't get back to this moment,

🪵

After a while we arrive at my home town neighborhood. My dad is home, his car is standing there. The front door opens and my dad smiles. I get out for the car and immediately hug my dad. "Dad," I smile and he pulls me into a warm hug. "Sweetheart. We missed you so much," he says with a bit of a raw voice. In his eyes I could see him being emotional of me being back. "I'm happy you're back with us again," he smiles and I help mom out with my suitcase. I stay her for a bit longer than a weekend and fly back to Amsterdam. I'm not able to be here with Christmas because I have to work.

We get into the living room and I smile softly. It feels so weird being back in this house, I mean, I lived her for 23 years and now I'm back but it doesn't feel like my home anymore, obviously just the home where I grew up in. Nothing more. The more time moves on the more I find my home in Amsterdam. Especially with Martin who helps me a lot in everything.

The bell ring and my mom walks towards the door, they slightly changed the interior of the living room. "Noella, Charlotte is here," mom says and I look at her. Am I ready for this confrontation? You have to at some point.

I nod and walk towards the front door. Mom leaves me alone with Charlotte and I open the door again. The girl that stood for me in front of bullies back in kindergarten, the person I thought would be my best friend forever and that she will be the auntie to my kids. It feels like she is some stranger to me right now,

"Hey Noella," she says and I just say nothing back.

She's the one that should be apologizing instead of me. "What are you doing here?" I ask her. She crosses her arms and bites on her lips.

"I want to talk because I don't want to lose my best friend," she smiles softly. "You had to think about before calling things behind my back, ignoring my as your best friend and hook up with guys," I tell her.

"I know," she mutters and I bite on my lip.

"Sorry, alright, I shouldn't have forgotten you and ignore as my best friend, I'm changed yeah, but so are you, you ignored me when you're in Amsterdam. I really wanted to talk to you and you deserve anything," she smiles softly, "I want to you back in my life, even we don't talk that often more but I'm still curious how you're doing over there."

Should I tell her? About my dating life..

"I'm sorry too, I should've talked to you, be adults," I say and she smiles. We pull each other into s hug and I smile softly. "There's something you should know," I say and she looks at me. "What?" She asks. "I'm kind of dating someone," I say and she looks at me. "Noway, shut up," she says and smiles brightly. "How does he looks like?" She asks interested.

"Brown hair, blue eyes, really cute face," i say and feel my cheeks blushing. "You are blushing only talking about him," she chuckles. "Have you picture?" She asks and I chuckle. I wanted to keep it a secret so much as possible. "Barely. Because we spied time together and don't take pictures when we're together. But I have him on WhatsApp,"I tell her. I search him up and she looks along with me. I finally founded him and I show her his profile picture.

"Oh my god, Noella

"Oh my god, Noella. He's handsome," she smiles and gives me a hug. "How old is he?" She asks me. "25," I say and she smiles. "For real, he's really good looking, he suits you perfectly," she smiles and I open the door. I kind of feel so relieved I finally could tell someone about him. His smile is so precious. "And he's dutch isn't he?" She asks me. I nod excited and smiling like a idiot. "Is he sweet?" She asks and I nod. "He's adorable," I say and feel so dumb talking about this.

"Have you guys kissed?" She asks me happily. I smile brightly and I bite on my lip. "Really, can he kiss so good?" She asks me. "He kisses so good, it's so insane," I smile brightly. "Sex?" She asks me. "We haven't got there yet," I say and she nods. "That's alright you know, but really Noella, you got one of a handsome man," she smiles and I chuckle. It kind of feels good to be back with her.