19

Martin

This evening we celebrate Sinterklaas. It's a Dutch tradition a lot of Dutch people do. We as a family normally eat dinner together and so some little presents for each one. I hug my mom and dad. "Hey sweetheart," she smiles and I smile back. I se sky sister and her boyfriend are sitting in the living room, "Martijn?" Mom asks and I walk towards her. "What? Should I help you?" I ask her. "No no, you and Kiki broke up right?" She asks me and I nod. "I'm proud of you, she wasn't good for you," she smiles softly at me and hugs me. " I know mom. I'm doing better now," I say and smile brightly.

"Better?" She asks me. "You have someone sweetheart?" She asks me with a lovely smile. "Uhm," I start scoffing and mama pulls me in a long hug. "How she is called." She asks me. I can't lie to my mom. I just can't. "Noella," I whisper and she smiles. "That's a beautiful name honey," she smiles. "Have you picture of her or not?" She asks me. "Actually not. Only her profile picture on app," I tell mom. "Let me show it, I wanna know how my future daughter in law," she chuckles. "Mom," I say and she goes through my hair with her hair.

"Oh wauww, Martijn

"Oh wauww, Martijn. She looks stunning," she smiles. "Yeah?" I ask. "Laura?" Mom calls her. I give her a little head shake, I mean it's not that I don't want to tell the, but I would like to keep it private too. Now my mom knows, my sister is gonna know and my dad is gonna know in 30 minutes as well.

Laura comes in the kitchen and mom shows Noella. "Is this your new chick?" She asks me and grabs the phone out of my mom hands. "I won't say my new chick but more like my date?" I ask if more than say it causally. "She looks so beautiful and stunning. Exactly your type big brother. She seems so sweet and cute," Laura smiles and gives me a kiss on my cheek. "Her name?" She asks. "Noella," mom answers. "Noella Garritsen, sounds pretty good," she chuckles. "Uhm I'm just hanging out with her and you good pretend like she's gonna be my wife," I tell them. "I'm sure she"s gonna be your wife," Laura says with high confidence. "Like I said my future daughter in law," mom says proudly. "My sister in law," she smiles jubilant. "It's enough, you both got enough," I say and walk out of the kitchen. They both laugh and I sit down on the couch. Dad looks at me.

"Are they talking about your new girlfriend again?" He asks. I look at him and I nod. "Happy for you son," he says and I show a picture of Noella. My brother in law is looking too. "Suits you," he compliments me. "Seems like a great lovely girl," my dad  says and I smile softly."she's one of a kind," I tell them.

🥒

We're sitting here on the table. Mom is smiling and we all get our plates ready. "I just hope in general everyone is happy and feels loved these days," dad smiles and gives my mom a kiss. Laura gives her partner a kiss and I'm just looking around. "She's welcome any time," mom smiles and gives a kiss on my cheek. "It will come once," I say and we all start eating.

Laura grabs the first present and gives it to me. For me.. I mean I always have said them I don't need to have presents but they kept doing this. On my birthday, on sinterklaaas and Christmas. I unwrap it and smile softly. A new microphone, I really needed that. "Thanks," I say and grab a present for my brother in law. "There you go," I say and he smiles softly.

We're on the half of all the presents and someone phones is bleeping. I grab mine and I see it's mine. I have a incoming FaceTime call from Noella. "Just continue," I say and get up, I accept the call and before closing the door I see her smiling face. "Hey smiley," I say chuckling and she starts blushing. "How are you doing?" She asks me and I nod. "I'm doing great. The only thing I hate is that I miss you," I tell her and her cheeks are becoming more reddish. "You?" I ask her and she nods. "I miss you too. I can't wait to hug you," she smiles softly. "Me neither," I tell her. Honestly with days like these I miss her even more, I mean December is full of familiar days and cosiness with loved ones. I want nothing more than Noella next to me to spend any evening with.

"Where are you?" She smiles. "At my parents house, we have dinner together for Sinterklaas," I tell her. "Is that not the tradition with black Pete?" She asks and I nod kind of. "It used to be, nowadays they're colored," I explain. "Well at least it sounds fun for kids," she giggles. Kids loved it, I used to love it when I was younger. "We do little presents with the family and have dinner," I continue my story. "Sounds nice. I wish I could be there," she smiles. "Next year," I say and she blushes but surely nods.

I hear a knock on the door and I look beside me. "I don't know how long you're gonna take but there a few presents for you idiot," my sister tells me and tries to look along with me to Noella. "You're Noella?" She asks her. Noella nods and doesn't know what to say. "He told us about you. But you're so more beautiful than on pictures. Is she for real?" She asks me. "Yeah," I say and she rolls with her eyes. Noella chuckles and waves at Laura. "You're way to pretty for him," she says and I roll with my eyes. "Are you serious?" I ask her and she gives me a kiss on my cheek. "I love you, now end your call, we all wait on you. Next time she's coming too," she says and points at Noella. "Move your ass so I can say proper goodbye to her," I say and she makes her way out.

"Sorry that was my sister," I apologize. "Noo, don't he. She seems fun and overall really sweet," she smiles and I smile too. "Well you need to say goodbye to me," she says and I nod. "Bye, see you soon," I say and wave at her. She waves back. I end the call and walk back into the living room. "Finally, took so long," Luanda rolls with her eyes. "It's my turn?" I ask them and they all are nodding. Indeed they're a few presents left.