Wounded- Chapter One

Banner by:xo_umzz

Edited

Published: July 3 2015, Friday 1:33 a.m

Jafar:

July 1st

          "Sing it again!"

          "I love you..."

          "Will you be my Habibi?"

          I laughed at the last question one of my fans asked and pursed my lips.

          "I'm sorry but I'm--"

"Late for a meeting," Allen cut me off, draping an arm around my shoulder, he smiled at the girl. "Come back next week when he perfoms at the galaxy."

          The girl practically fainted at the sight of Allen, leaning on her friend, she nodded.

          "I don't know why I can't say that I'm married, Allen. Ayah hates it when I don't tell the fan girls that I'm taken."

          Allen let out a humorless laugh, not taking his eyes off his phone.

          "In this business, you have to give the fan girlies what they want, otherwise they'll go fawn over someone like Justin Beiber," He explained like the idea was absurd.

          I set my mic down on my dressing table and checked my phone. Nothing.

          I don't know why I was expecting Ayah to text me after all the time that has gone by since we last spoke. 5 weeks goes by painfully slow when you're thinking about the one you love.

          I admit that it's a two way street with communicating, but I've been very busy with my career, and Ayah can't see that. I knew she was upset when I left; I knew she wouldn't make that much of an effort to contact me, but we haven't seen each other since I left 10 months ago. She's been wanting me to visit her for the Eid a couple of months ago, then she asked on the Milad when I was busy with getting my album published.

          I hate that we're not talking, but we both know what was going to happen when I came out here. I still remember what she told me as we hugged for the last time.

           "Im not going to sugar coat this. Even though this may not be logical, I've seen in movies how when someone from a small town. Gets fame, they forget about their love interest and live it to the fullest." 

          I shook my head and held her hand in mine.

          "Ayah, I will contact you all the time."

          "You'll want to, but I know you're not going to be able to all the time. We're going to drift apart."

          "Hey," I held her tight in my arms, savoring our last moments before I leave. "That's not going to happen."

          "Yes it is! But I just to let you know that I'll always be in Riverside if it doesn't work out. Someone has to say they told you so."

          The fact that she made jokes about it told me that she was hurting inside. I hate to see her like this, but doing this is what I needed to do. I needed to know that I could. Allen has gotten on my back many times for being distracted by her, but I can't help it.

          But Ayah was right. We have drifted apart.

-*-

Ayah: