Wounded- Chapter Twenty Five

Edited:

Published: Thursday, October 15th 5:56 pm 2015

Ayah:

      "Ayah, hey," Jafar laughed, gently pushing my arm away so that he could talk to me, but I wasn't budging. I didn't want to. I don't even remember the last time we hugged or comforted each other. But now, we can. He's here now and everything can work out.

     "Ayah, as much as I love the position that we're in--I'm not going anywhere. When you let go, I'll still be here."

      "I don't want to take that chance,"I whispered into his back.

      Jafar sighed and moved so he was sitting beside me on the bed.

    "Please, Ayah. Let go."

     "Okay."

       I slowly unraveled my arms around his neck to get a better look at him. Besides the fact that he's growing out his beard, he looks the same.

      "I'm sorry," I told him. "I should have been more uderstanding when you had to leave again. I was just being selfish."

        Jafars eyes softened, and he raised his hand and brushed my face with the side of his thumb.

       "Let's not talk about the past, okay? Let's work on the future."

       "Okay," I relaxed and let out a sigh. All the nerves are coming back full swing. I've thought and said over and over that we need to talk, but now that the time has come, I'm completely freaking out. The thoughts about taking baby steps are worrying me.

       "How have you been?"

      I shrugged. "As good as can be. Life as an assistant isn't exciting, but it's not unbearable. I'm even going to publish a book on this app called wattpad. Hopefully I'll..." I trailed off as I noticed Jafar watching me with a small smile. "What?"

      He shook his head, his smile widening. "Nothing. It has just been a while since you talked and I listened. It's nice."

      I blushed under his gaze. "Oh. We can talk about you..."

      "No, keep talking. So, you mentioned you had a book. What's it about?"

     "Well. I was thinking that I could write about...."

-*-
August 31st

      I don't even remember falling asleep. Just waking up to find the place next to me empty. Did I dream about him coming? Last night was so hazy.

    "Oh, good. You're up," Jamila said as she walked into the room. She sat down on the edge of the bad. "You're probably wondering where your husband is?"

      "Yeah. Or was I just dreaming his visit?"

        "Oh, no. He was here. He left after you fell asleep to check on his brother. But, he did say he would be coming to talk sometime today."

      "Well, I have work until, like, five thirty. I should've told him. What?" I asked as I saw Jamila frown at me.

      "You're still going to work while pregnant?"

     "That's the reason why I came here," I told her. "I don't want to stop because of my pregnancy."

       "He doesn't want you to work."

       I knew this was coming. I sighed. "Did he tell you that?"

       "No. But I know my brother. He doesn't want you working in your...condition."