Wounded- Chapter Twenty Seven

Edited:

Published: Friday, October 23rd 2015 2:02 p.m

Jafar:
September 5th

After a long three hour flight, we finally made it back to Florida. Just from the smell of the outside air, I knew that half of the worrying was done now that we were back. Hopefully Jamila works everything out with her...issues. Wasim still has to go home to a disfunctional family, and then there is Ayah and I. I'm still at a lost as to what happens next. Yes we're back, but
we still have a long way to go.

"Feels good, doesn't it?" Ayah questioned with a smile, quickly easing her hand into mine. I smiled at the gesture. Nodding, I started to walk along with everyone towards the seats to wait on my step-father. Our plane was early. Therefore we had to wait for him to make the hour long trip.

"It does feel good. If I don't have to ride in a plane again this year, I'll be the happiest man alive."

Ayah chuckled lightly, "I second that." Then she moved so she had her head on my shoulder. And that was how we sat for the next couple mi Utes before we were interrupted.

"Who is picking us up?" Jamila asked with a frown. During the flight, she was expecting to get a few hours of sleep, but she was interrupted by several annoying people. And to top it off, she left her head phones.

"Abi said he'll be here in fifteen minutes," I responded, looking up from my messages to see her glare on me. "What?"

"I hate flying," She grumbled and walked away to the food court. Wasim is sitting a few seats away from us, practically falling asleep on his phone.

Unlike my impatient sister, waiting has always been my strong suit. It gives me time to think. Especially now. There is so much we need to do. My songs won't sell forever, therefore I need to get a job. It shouldn't be hard though. I have a degree to get me several good paying jobs. Singing was just a hobby that turned into a career. And now that it's over, it's time to think like a family man. Not a boy chasing his dream.

"Jafar, Abi's here."

I nodded at my sister, then turned to tell my sleeping wife of our departure.

"Ayah, it's time to go," I whispered into her ear, which in turn she snuggled deeper into my shoulder. "Ayah, wake up," I said a little louder, shaking her. She then woke up and looked around her in a daze.

"What did you say?" She asked in confusion. I just smiled and stood up, pulling her along with me.

"It's time to go, Ayah."

She nodded, suddenly remembering. "Right."

-*-

"So, Ayah, how was New York?" Abi asked Ayah in the front seat, now and then looking in the rear view mirror and smirking at me. We're currently riding in Abi's car, Ayah in the front seat, but I'm in the back with Wasim and Jamila. Who both happen to be asleep. On me...

"It was eye opening," She responded, smiling slightly as she also saw the sight of me and my siblings. "And how is Ummi? I haven't talked to her in a while."

"She misses you. Both of you," Abi added when I scoffed. "But mostly she's wonderful, Alhamdulillah. She's thinking of getting a kitten."