Wounded- Chapter Nineteen

Edited: 

Published: Saturday, September 26th 2015 1:22 am

Ayah:

          Last nights phone call:

        "Jamila, slow down. What happened?"

          "A bunch of little kids, a teen who doesn't know life outside of social media and a guy who doesn't know how to wait is what happened!"

          "Okay," I sighed, moving my pasta around with my fork. Just when I thought I was going to sit down and eat a good meal, I have to deal with more drama.

"What exactly happened? Because I don't one hundred percent believe children exposed you...a lot."

She scoffed. "Yeah, 'a lot' in that sentence helps so much."

"Hey?" I exclaimed. "I'm trying to help you, Jamila. Leave the sarcasm out of this."

"I'm sorry. What were you going to say?"

I pursed my lips and raised my eyebrow in amusement.

"I believe it is you who was going to explain your dilemma."

"Right! Okay, well, I was in the front room..."

Jamila's Pov and house:

          "Aunty Jamila, can we have candy?"

          I internally glared at Zahrah's twins before replacing it with a smile. They are literally driving me crazy. From wanting to take selfies, play with my electronics, not to mention dig up Ummi's flowers, I deserve a raise.

       "No."

          "Then what can we have?" Hafsah smirked at me, crossing her bony arms over each other. Seriously, why does a four year old know how to smirk?!

"Amna!" I yelled. It's only been twenty minutes and I already need backup. Why did I agree to do this?

          When I was asked to watch the kids for a couple of hours, I didn't think it would be this hard. Call me crazy, but when I realized I would be watching five kids I didn't panic. 'Amna can help me', I thought. Sure she's helped me for about...ten minutes, but then social media called. Thankfully Zahrah took her baby with her.

          "Amna?!"

          "Yeah?" Her faint voice answered. She's probably upstairs on my computer. Wait...

           Before I knew what I was doing, I jumped up from the couch, completely forgetting the twins in the front room. I really hope she's not on my computer. But I know she probably is. These last few days, she's been in my room trying to hack my password. She never got it right, but today could be her lucky day. And as I round the front of my room, I see Amna smiling like a goof in my chair. But she's not alone...

          "What are you girls doing in my room?!"

          They're more like my annoying little sisters than my nieces.