Epilogue

Edited:

Please read authors note at the end. It's important...

Published: Saturday, February 13th 2016 1:58 pm

Ayah moved the toy giraffe around in the crib in front of her daughter, laughing as the little two month old tried to reach it. Even though it's been two months since she's given birth, the sight of she and her husbands child still amazes her.

"Ayah?"

"I'm in the nursery," She called back to her husband, her eyes never leaving her daughter. Seconds later Jafar appeared in the room with the biggest smile on his face as well at the sight of his family in front of him. Through all the things that they've been through over the last two years, the outcome of it all was more than he could've imagined. Without warning, he wrapped his arms around Ayah's waist, watching as his two girls played with a stuffed toy. Even he couldn't deny the cuteness that radiated from the sight.

          "We're going to be late," He whispered into her ear, and she leaned back, turning to look at him

"Well we can't leave without our babysitter. She said she'll be here in a few minutes."

"Do you think she's changed? Being gone for four months must've taken a toll on her."

After the surprise baby shower that was thrown, Jamila announced she would be moving in with her sister and her family to go to college in the fall.

"I think that she'll try her hardest to make it work," Ayah said. "She's strong. It's what I admire about her."

Just then they heard a knock on the door, and as Ayah picked up the baby, Jafar opened the door.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Jamila rushed out, out of breath, slipping her bag off her back and placing it on the floor. "Now, where is my baby? I haven't seen her yet, and...aw!" She cooed when she saw Ayah standing in front of her with the baby. "She looks just like me."

"No she's doesn't!" Jafar protested, shaking his head at his sister as he closed the door. "But we do have to hurry up."

"Where are you two going for the big day?" Jamila asked after she situated the baby on her lap on the couch.

"Yeah," Ayah turned to Jafar. "Where are we going?"

-*-

A sense of familiarity ran through Ayah's mind as Jafar led her through the woods by her house, to the place that held so much significance to the both of them. The whole way here Jafar had been nervous to show him what he did for them, more nervous than his wedding, coming back, and the birth of their daughter, Hayat. The whole place was decorated with the help of Wasim and Safeer. They rounded the corner to the lake, and one look at Ayah wiped his nervousness away. The trees are decorated in lights, the water glowing with the setting sun, and a picnic set up by the tree they usually sit at.

"Oh, my God," She breathed with a smile, turning to look at Jafar who is already watching her with a smile. "I'm literally speechless!"

"I was hoping so," He took her hand and led her to where a blanket lay for them to sit. "I wanted to do something special, hope you like it."

"Like it?" She scoffed, looking around. "It's amazing. You're starting to make me love surprises."

With a smile, he said, "Mission accomplished."

The sun was just starting to set when they finished wrapping up their food and sat back to watch the sun set, Jafar leaning on the tree with Ayah in his arms.

"Do you think everything we went through to get here was worth it?"

"Yes," Jafar stated without hesitation.

"And you wouldn't change anything?" She asked sitting up to face him. "Nothing? At all?"

"If changing what we have to make everything perfect is what you mean, then no, I wouldn't. I know we haven't said it, but I hope you know I love you," He told her. "Like you wouldn't believe."

Ayah reached up to kiss him, pulling back and releasing a happy chuckle. "I love you too."

If only they know how happy and content they were making each other by saying that, they would have conveyed it sooner, for both of their hearts are happy to be blessed with the other. And in that moment the question of them healing from their wounds didn't seem so difficult to answer. For what they have now is a reminder that you can still move through life without healing. For if you are just happy and content, the wounds you have disappear.

"Happy anniversary."

-*-
Who wants to do a one shot competition?

Who wants a one shot book?

Never fear, we can have both, but you have to let me know.

It's finally over *sobs* I'm gonna miss them! This story is a part of my life and I enjoyed writing it. I hope you enjoyed reading it! And about a sequel, I'm leaning towards not writing it right now, but that could change. Who knows. If this story hits 100k reads, I may be persuaded to write it, maybe sooner. But right now let's all mourn the end of this story. Salaam!

Please...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE