Wounded- Chapter Ten

Edited:

Published: Monday July 27 2015 8:55 p.m

Ayah:

July 14th

        As I awoke from my slumber, I rubbed at my eyes to get the sleep out. I was about to go back to sleep without realizing I was still in my clothes from yesterday. How did that happen? Last night was such a blur. I remember Jafar trying to tell me that we were at my house, but everything after that is non-existent in my mind. I really hope I didn't say anything crazy, I tend to do that when I'm half asleep. Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I stood up and went to take a shower.

         I really must have been tired if I slept in my clothes. I never do that...

          As I stood underneath the hot water that was flowing from the shower head, I couldn't help but smile at the thought of yesterday. It went better than I thought it would. All the tension was dropped by our laughter and replaced with smiles. But even though yesterday was fun, it wasn't enough. It doesn't make me want to scream 'I forgive you'. I hate having the feeling of not wanting to forgive so easily, but I just...can't.

          Every time I try to make myself come to the realization that I shouldn't hold this grudge, I think about what he made me go through for almost a year, and all the urges to forgive are gone. Anyone else in my position would do the same.

-*-

          After I finished up in the shower, I made my way in the kitchen to see Mama sat on the couch with one of her friends--Afifa Begum.

        "Asalamu Alaikum." I greeted as I walked into the front room to give her a hug.

        "Wa Alaikum Salam." She smiled and returning the hug as eagerly as I did. "How have you been? I haven't seen you for a while, Ayah."

        Mama and Afifa Begum have been friends since they were very young. It's safe to say that they were very good friends, considering they tried to have girls at the same time at one point. But Afifa Begun ended up having a son a couple of months before I was born, so when we were young they tried to plan Ahmed and I's wedding. Unfortunately for both, Ahmed is going to medical school across the country and I married Jafar. We just couldn't stop screwing up their fantasies.

        "I'm well, Masha Allah. I was just about to make coffee, did you want some?"

        Afifa Begum and Mama shared a look before she smirked. "Actually--"

          "I'm sorry it took so long." Jafar suddenly said from where he was coming from the kitchen with two cups. He didn't notice me yet and handed Mama and Afifa Begum  their cups. "I forgot how to use the coffee maker."

         My mouth hung open in shock as I watched Jafar serve my mother and her friend coffee. When did he get here, and how long was I asleep?!

          "You're too kind, Jafar. Ayah, why didn't you tell me how wonderful your husband is?" Afifa Begun scolded and took a sip of her coffee and smiled at Jafar. He quickly returned the smile before turning to stare at me.

       I shrugged at her. "I forgot to, I guess."

       "Ayah, we're planning a baby shower for Ahmed's wife Sarah right now, so if you and Jafar could..." Mama trailed off, raising her eyebrow at me to get the hint.

       Nodding slowly, I walked to the kitchen to grab a snack before I head out. Jafar followed right behind me. But the strange thing is that as I'm stood in the kitchen doing what I normally do, it's not weird and awkward like it was a couple of days ago. It's still different but not unbearable.