Wounded- Chapter Twenty Nine

Edited:

Published: Monday, November 2nd 2015 2:01 pm

Ayah:
September 23rd

"Ayah, you're doing too much."

"Sit down."

"Why are you eating that? It's not good for the baby."

Those are just a couple of phrases I've heard in the last two weeks since the doctors visit. I love that he cares, I do, but I really just need some space right now. With all the worrying he's doing--claustrophobia is setting in. The only time I have to myself is when he goes to practice, but even then he tries to drop me off with his family so I won't be bored by myself. I love them, I really do, but we can't keep doing this. Yes I realize I'm pregnant, but he's treating me like glass.

I even had to get up early today just to make myself something to eat. For the last few weeks, he's cooked, cleaned, and tried multiple times to put me to sleep like a baby. That was before I threatened to kick him out. So here I am, early in the morning before Fajr, cooking myself something to eat. Until...

"Ayah!" He exclaimed, jogging over from the hallway to take the spatula from my hands. "Why are you cooking?"

I glared at him, then reached for the spatula, but he kept a tight grip on it.

"I'm hungry," I said through gritted teeth. I then raised my eyebrows and held out my hand. "Can I have that back please."

"So you can stand too close to the stove?" He scoffed. "Yeah, in your dreams. I'll cook this, and you can go relax on the couch."

"I'd rather cook," I objected, reaching for the spatula again, but he gave me a look, wrapped an arm around my waist and lead me to the couch. If I wasn't so tired, I would have fought him for it. That omelet looks so good.

As I was sat down in the couch, I turned to look at him with a glare. Sensing my anger, Jafar sat down beside me, taking my hand in his and rubbed small circles on the back. I would be lying if I said that didn't calm me down a notch.

"I only want what's best for both of you," He said, which made me smile a little.

"I know," I sighed. "But you're treating me like I'll break. I won't. I can still be my normal self even if I am pregnant."

"You're not going to hurt yourself?"

I let out a small laugh, but shook my head nonetheless. "Not on purpose. I'm kidding!" I reassured him when he began to protest. "Now," I successfully took the spatula from him and stood up. "I'm going to go cook my probably burnt omelet. And if it makes you feel better, you can cook with me."

Jafar broke out into a smile before standing up and placing an arm around my shoulders, then lead us in the direction of the kitchen.

-*-
Jafar:

"We have to go see him," Wasim stated as he met me outside the gym, a deep frown on his face.

I regarded him for a second before putting my bag in the trunk of my car. "And why is that?"

I motioned for Wasim to follow me, and we both got into the front seat of my car. As soon as he sat down, he pulled a envelope from his pocket and passed it to me.