Wounded- Chapter Fourteen

Edited:

Published: Wednesday August 19th 2015 6:04pm

To all of those who are reading "Her Muslim Driver" I won't be updating until I get more reads. If I do it now it will be pointless and for nothing. Sorry if you were expecting an update...

Ayah:

July 21st

         "I want to go on the twisty thingy, the spiny thingy and the swingy thingy!" Mina exclaimed excitedly, all the while yanking Jafar forward, who in return yanked me forward as well. If you have guessed, yes we're holding hands. It was a little awkward at first, but I'm glad I made the right decision.

       "Who gave her candy?" Jafar asked, eyeing Amna, Zak and Wasim warily. He decided to come to the fair with us on account of their fathers return. I knew Jafar has had issues with him in the past, but I didn't think it would go from child to child. He does seem happier than when we first saw him though.

        "Uncle Jafar, do I have to bring her with us?" Amna asked with a disgruntled pout. When They picked me up, Amna was making plans to go off on the rides with Zak and Wasim. She made it very clear that Mina would slow them down.

          Jafar sighed and gave her a look.

         "Amna, she's your sister. Don't you want to bond with her?"

          Amna scrunched her brows, her eyes going wide in disbelief.

        "I bond with her at home. Can't I just go by myself?"

         Jafar was about to tell her no, obviously, since he told me how he wanted take me on some rides alone. It's his form of a semi romantic night.

        "I'll take Mina on some rides while Zak and Amna go and have fun," Wasim said.

       Smiling, Amna gave her Uncle a hug and ran off towards one of the bigger rides with her brother.

       "Now," Wasim sighed, bringing our attention back to him as he held Mina's hand. "We will be on the twisty, twirly spiny thing while you two have some... alone time."

       Laughing at his statement, Jafar nodded.

        Here we go.

-*-

       "No."

         "Oh, come on, Jafar! Those movies aren't always true."

        Jafar stood in front of me with his arms crossed as he protested. We went on most of the rides, walked around a bit and ate sweets, but now it's time for a much needed trip to the Ferris wheel. You would think after all the books I've read, movies I've seen that I wouldn't want to go on something that always gets stuck at the top. But we want to go for a somewhat romantic end of the day, and that's all they have here at the carnival.

        Jafar raised an eyebrow at me with an amused smile. "Aren't always? How's that suppose to make me agree?"

       "Jafar," I grumbled, folding my hands like he had his. If he wants to play the stubborn one, I'll give him a run for his money.