Wounded- Chapter Fifteen

A/N: I know I said I wouldn't update for a while, but I was inspired and didn't want to wait. Hope you enjoy!

Edited:

Published: Thursday August 27 12:08p.m 2015

Ayah:

July 27th

"So, where is he taking you?"

For the hundredth time, I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. All I know is that it's a formal event."

I really don't know where we're going. It's been a few days since Zahrah has arrived, and she's been far more of a joy now then she used to be. Yesterday her husband and kids joined her here, so that spiked her mood. She still hasn't had her baby yet and the due date was yesterday. There's a chance of enducing her labor, but she's adamant on letting the baby decide when it wants to make its grand entrance.

"Well that sucks," Camryn sighed from where she sat on my bed, flipping through her magazine. Because it's summer, a lot of people went on vacation, so there really isn't any business at the diner. Plus, Dianne went to the city to visit her son who broke his leg. Camryn decided to stay home and help Debby with the diner.

"I hate suprises with a passion, but this one I'm tolerating."

"Why?"

I shrugged in response.

"Because I forgave him, I guess. It's like I realized all the things Jafar is doing to make up for those ten months. It would have been eleven in a few days."

Camryn eyed me warily. "You kept track of the days?"

"I did. I was that pathetic, I know."

"Camryn shook her head frantically and widened her eyes.

"You weren't pathetic. You were just dealing with being away from someone you love."

I put the last pin in my scarf and sighed. The last few weeks have been much different than how they are now. The last few weeks were the time when everyone was figuring everything out and trying to make it, basically. Now it feels so...different. But a good different to be exact.

-*-

It turns out we were going to the city next to Riverside. I don't even know the last time I've been outside of Riverside. I've always stayed in my comfort zone, not leaving unless it's necessary and such. But now, as I look at the man holding my hand, and the restaurant he has taken me to, I couldn't be happier to leave the comforts of my childhood town. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful and elegant. There aren't any flashy colors, nor are there full patterns. It all looks so well together.

As we entered the restaurant, I looked around the place in complete 'awe', gawking at the set up and classy eatery that it is. It had to be expensive. It looks even better on the inside than the outside.

"I take it you approve of the restaurant?"

I closed my mouth before drool could come out and smiled at Jafar.

"Very much so," I confirmed and he smiled. "Why though? It's not a special occasion."

Jafars smile widened as he reached for my hand. We were now sat at a table, waiting on our waiter.

"Every moment with you is a special occasion."

Just like that time at the lake, we stared at each other deeply, reading each other's eyes for our emotions. And unlike last time, the look he had in this moment, only shows a speck of guilt. It's going to take more than sweet words to remove that emotion from him.