Wounded- Chapter Seventeen

Published: Sunday, September 20 2015 2:55 am

Edited:

        Can you all please check out my other story? (Her Muslim Driver)

Ayah:
August 20th

         New York!

         I wheeled my suitcase out of the airport to wait for a cab. All I'm seeing is the airports surroundings--planes and all that. Nothing too exciting. But, hopefully, when I get to the upper east side I'll have better luck with scenery. I don't really care, I'm just happy to be here. I never thought I would leave. I never thought I would leave the town I cherished my whole life, the place I grew up. I love Riverside, more than I should I suppose. But it's the only home I've ever known. I didn't have everyone I wanted there, like my father and husband. But I was still home.

        No matter how far you travel, home will always be home.

        "Taxi!"

         I heard people hollering all up and down the sidewalk. It seemed so easy for them to do this. Being from a town where you can literally walk everywhere--I've never done this type of thing. I guess it's a first time for everything...

       "Excuse me Taxi!" I called, waving my hand like the other people. I probably look like a sight waving my arms around. Just when I thought one was coming my way, I turned my head to check the time on my watch, and in that little window, someone took the Taxi!

       "You snooze you lose."

       I turned around to the voice, and came to a stop when I saw who it was. A girl with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes sat on a bench, a newspaper in her hand. When she noticed I was looking at her, she raised the newspaper in the air.

        "You would think after all the electronics they wouldn't sell this newspaper anymore, but they do." She then stood up and walked towards me with her hand out to shake.

       "The names Tahlia, but I only answer to Lee. And by the look on your face, you're wondering why I'm so welcoming."

       I nodded slightly.

        "I guess you can say that..."

        Lee let out a low chuckle and stuck two fingers in her mouth and whistled. Seconds later, a taxi appeared in front of us.

      "Okay, Mrs. Ibrahim. This is New York so let's move quickly."

       "Wait!" I stopped her before she could climb in the Taxi. "You know my name... How exactly?"

       "From the information you sent the Academy. I'm your guide for the first couple of weeks. You know, so you won't get lost or something."

        I eyed her warily, wondering if I should trust her. She doesn't look like your personal guide, with her leather attire and carefree bad girl attitude.

         "I'm not gonna kidnap you or anything. But, I would if I wanted a ransom from your sexy husband."

        I was stunned. I wasn't expecting to meet anyone new until at least tomorrow at the Academy, not alone trust the girl in black whom is claiming to be my guide and possible kidnapper.

        "Like I said before. This is New York. Move quickly."

       I snapped out of my questioning thoughts to do something I never would have done before.