Wounded- Chapter Eleven

Edited:

Published: Friday July 31 2015 2:37 p.m

Jafar:

July 16th

        "You brought the tickets right?"

        Wasim looked up at me and waved the tickets in front of him.

        "Of course. After Tehreem made sure to basically glue them to me, I couldn't think of leaving them."

          "She does that with my lunch," Zak told us while scrunching his face in disgust.

          Throughout the whole journey of coming here, which was a lot harder than it should have been, we made it to the second to last game of the day. There was a whole series of teams playing today but we're only going to see the last teams play. I wasn't expecting to get here this later but with everything going on, we were lucky to get out of town when we did.

         "Did they post anything about the plane crash on the community website?" I asked.

         Not looking up from his phone, Zak shook his head. "Nothing yet."

         Right when we were about to come to the games there was a plane from Asia I think that crashed near the main road towards the entrance of town. There was fire blazing, people running for cover and screaming. It took us almost four hours just to get around the detour they set up. That wasn't bad though. They could have closed the main road for days.

          Suddenly Zak groaned. "I'm hungry."

         "Let's go get some food from the concessions." Wasim suggested and pulled along a tired looking ten year old. I don't blame the kid. I already had them wake up early, and without breakfast I made them get in the car for the journey. Let's just say I'm never depriving them of food ever again.

         "Jafar Ibrahim."

          At the sound of someone I haven't seen since I came back here, I turned around with a smile on my face.

          "It's been a long time."I commented and put my fist so he could bump it.

       I know," Russell sighed dramatically. "After we parted ways, I stayed with my family a while until recently."

        I furrowed my eyebrows at him and moved up in line.

         "How come?"

         Russell moved to stand next to me with a small smile.

         "I was gone too long," He started off, avoiding my gaze. "And because of that, my wife Zoe found a new bed buddy. She tried to keep it a secret, but that's a little hard to do when you suddenly get pregnant."

        "How would you know it's not yours if she hadn't given birth yet?"

         Suddenly Russell shifted uncomfortably and grimaced at me.

        "Because I, my friend, can't reproduce. Carlie's adopted."

        I raised my eyebrows and parted my mouth at his words.

         "She looked so much like you that I wouldn't second guess it."

       "She does," He smiled. "But enough about me, what about you, popstar?" He started, making me scrunch my face in distaste at the nickname. "Did something remotely close to my story happen with you?"