Wounded- Chapter Twelve

Edited

Published: Tuesday August 4th 3:43 pm

Jafar:

Stare.

All I could do is stare at Allen in disbelief at what he just told me. Not a single emotion ran through his eyes at this moment, but I knew what he was thinking. He was thinking of the many ways to put me on a plane back to California by tomorrow morning. Wouldn't want his client to miss a recording session, now would he? Because if I'm out of the business, he would have to start scouting as soon as possible. Unless he's fine being jobless.

Aside from managing me, Allen doesn't have a day job.

I am upset beyond words with him right now, but I know he could've asked for the month they gave me. Usually they say to be back within the week but Allen must have said something to them.

"Well, aren't you going to say anything, Jafar?"

I shook my head out of my trance to gaze at Allen who was sat down at the couch, coffee mug in hand. He really knows how to make himself at home, doesn't he?

"I tried to tell you not to leave."

"Did you know about this before I got on the plane?!"

Allen scoffed and shook his head in disbelief at me.

"If I knew about this, I wouldn't have let you come. It wasn't until a few nights ago that one of their goons came to your apartment and to talk to me."

I raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "You were in my apartment?"

"Yes I was," Allen said smugly. "You have a seventy inch flatscreen and an apartment looking over the city. Why the hell wouldn't I crash there?"

"Language, Allen," Ummi scolded him with a dissaproving glare. "There are children in this house."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Ibrahim," Allen fake smiled while looking pathetic. "Won't happen again."

"It better not," She breathed and turned to me with a questioning look. Just by the look I knew she knew what we were talking about. I never discussed with my parents about how long I would be here, but they assumed it would be a long time considering my reasons for coming back.

Ayah.

We're finally in a good place right now, but I have to ruin it by telling her I have to leave. But I could also buy out my contract. It would take away almost all of my money, but I can't break my wife's heart again.

"I know that face," Allen interrupted my thoughts with a grimace. "You're thinking of giving up your life for the girl."

"Don't speak about my wife like that. You may be my manager and friend, but I've told you about talking about Ayah like she's some clingy gold digger."

"I'm just saying..."

"Alright, that's enough," Ummi exclaimed. Directing her glare at Allen, she went to open the door.

"It's getting late and you need to go, Allen. We will discuss this later."

Allen looked to me to see my response in this situation. I mean, what did he expect me to say?

'Yes, Allen. I'm going to disrespect my mother in her home and let you continue to piss me off.'

"We'll talk about this when I get back," I sighed.