Wounded- Chapter Twenty Two

Edited:

Published: Friday, October 2nd 2015 12:29 am

Ayah:
August 27th

          "So, your sister in law showed up last night out of the blue, you're possibly pregnant and have a billion things to do for work, not to mention you want me to babysit."

"It's not really babysitting," I assured Isabella with a weak smile. "You're just keeping an eye on her until I get back from work."

She raised a questioning eyebrow at me. "Yes. That would be called babysitting."

I sighed deeply and continued to eat my food. She's right, it is babysitting, but I can't just leave Jamila at my shared apartment by herself. She may be seventeen, but she has a tendency to do stupid things. Lee already has company to entertain, and having a teen runaway around isn't family bonding. Isabella does small things for the academy and is free the next few weeks until her boss gets back from some book tour. Plus she's the only one who knows about my possible pregnancy and problems.

"I wouldn't ask if I wasn't serious. It's just until I talk to her family tomorrow."

"Why can't you talk to them today?"

'Because I have too much of a headache to be yelled at,' I thought. I wouldn't be the one they are mad at, but I know the Ibrahim/Abdus-Samaad family very well. And when they're mad, they yell. A lot.

"It's not the right timing. They think she's at her friends house right now so I wouldn't worry."

          I continued to move my salad around the bowl. I just don't have an appetite right now. I know it's not good that I keep putting off going to the doctor or even taking a home test, but I can't bring myself to do it. I tried calling Mama last night but I got an email saying she's out of town with Aunt Suhaila. No telling what those two are doing.

           Isabella noticed me picking around my food and narrowed her eyes.

          "Are you okay? You haven't eaten anything in the last ten minutes."

          "I'm just not hungry," I looked down at my phone and sighed. Time to get back to work. "I have to check in with Jamila before going back to work."

          I started waking towards the exit when Isabella called me.

          "Yeah?"

         "I'll do it," She stated with a determined nod.

          I smiled. "Thanks, you're the best."

         She shrugged. "Tell me something I don't know."

-*-

Jafar:

          "I can't believe I let you talk me into this."

         Allen rolled his eyes yet again at me and parked the car.

        "You said you wanted to get out of the contract, correct?" I nodded. "There is no better day than today. Just let me do the talking."

         And with that, we got out of his car and made our way to the front of Imagine Studios. After Uncle Yaman left, I had a lot of time to think about what I want to do. Getting out of this contract as soon as possible is the first thing on the list.

          A normal person would probably just wait until the contract is up, but until I get out of this contract, they control my career. I can't have that. I can't have these people messing with my life because of a piece of paper. And what better person do you get to accompany you to such a place? The most ruthless person you can think of. But since Uncle Yaman is out of town, I called Allen. He's better than nothing, right?