Bonus Chapter + Mothers day

It's late and I really wanted to post this, so feel free to point out and mistakes. Insha Allah I'll have it edited later on today. Enjoy!

Mother's Day: May 8th 2016

Published: Tuesday, May 11th 2016 1:51 am

Ayah:

Mother's Day. Not my first to be exact, but it's still special. For the past few weeks I've been trying to get Jafar to hint any indication of him doing it up like he did last year, but all I got was nothing. Maybe if I get Hayat to ask him in her adorable voice he'll actually tell her. I screwed the top on her bottle and bent down to where she was drawing a few pictures for her grandmothers and picked her up.

"Hi," I smiled, and she squirmed in my hold in happiness, the few baby teeth she has shining through. Many times I've wondered how I ended up being in the position that I am–happy–after everything that's gone in our lives, but I know that it wasn't for nothing. "Can you help me with something?" I asked, and she smiled widely: I took that as my cue to put her to work and sat her in my lap. "Okay, this is how we're going to do this. When Abu comes in–"

"Abba," She shouted playfully, and for the life of me I couldn't help but stop and fawn over what she said. It's not the first time that's she's called Jafar 'Abba,' but every time she does it just takes my breath away. Even he was in a trance for a few minutes when he first heard her say it!

"Yes," I nodded and bent down to kiss her head, "for Abba. When he comes through," I paused to direct here yes where my finger was pointing. "Through that door. You see it? Okay, when you see him, you–"

"Abba!" She screeched again, and I sighed but smiled nonetheless.

"Yes, Hayat, Abba. When he comes in–"

"Ayah," I froze mid sentence and turned in the direction Jafar was coming in and smiled sheepishly. He shook his head at me and sat down besides me and pulled Hayat from my lap. "Hey, Hayati. Is your mama trying to make you a spy?"

"No she's not,"I defended and placed both hands behind me and titles my head at his outfit. "Are you going out somewhere?"

"Just out with Wasim."

"Why today of all days?" I asked.

Jafar looked up at me with a smile and raised his eyebrows as if I asked him a weird question.

"I said I would help him pick out a gift for his mother."

I eyes him narrowly as he continued to play with our daughter as if what I'm implying has no meaning. Then it hit me.

I gasped and pointed a finger at him.

"You forgot!"

"About...?"

Is he serious? He can't be serious. I sat up straighter and placed a hand on my forehead in realization. No wonder he didn't drop any hints, he forgot. It all makes sense now. The reason why he was acting the way he was every time I dropped a hint. All of this time I thought he was faking, but now I know the truth.

"Well, if you're going out, I guess we'll just go over to Mama's house."

"That's the other thing," He said and adjusted Hayat in his lap. "I want to bring Hayati with me. That way we can have a daddy daughter day."

Wounded: Our Journey Homeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें