Wounded- Chapter Twenty

Edited:

Published: Sunday, September 27th 2015 12:39 am

Jafar:

          "I can't believe you just up and leave, make a new plan and forget to add me in on it! You had me asking around the country of your whereabouts, Jafar! What the hell are you doing?!"

          Is what awaited me as I opened the door to my apartment. Allen. My dear, sweet manager Allen. I never got around to firing him yet after everything else that's been going on in my life, but I haven't forgotten. No. I just need to find the right time.

          "Do come in," I rolled my eyes as he pushed past me and straight for the fridge. "Now, why are you here, Dennis?"

          He lifted his head from being buried in the fridge and scoffed.

          "You're my client and friend, so I'm here for support and help."

          "The only thing you're helping with is cleaning out my fridge. Seriously, why are you here?"

          He came back up with a lemonade, pickle and half of my very good sandwich. With his hands full of food, Allen proceeded to take off his jacket, plop it on my table before reaching for the remote.

          I sat down to watch him devour my food. All of this reminds me of college. Those days when we were too broke to buy any food, so we would find a friend and raid his fridge. Karma...

          "I need to know what's up with you, man. Is it Ayah or something else? Talk!"

          "Well," I sighed and leaned back on my couch, trying to find a way to tell him. "I want to fire you," That works, too.

          Allen stopped midway through eating my sandwich to stare at me in disbelief. He gently put his meal down and cleared his throat. "Excuse me?"

          "Yeah. Your methods aren't how I want my career to go, but we can still be friends!"

          "Are you firing me or breaking up with me?" He asked in amusement. I glared at him.

          "Did you even hear me?"

          "Yeah," He nodded and picked up his sandwich again. "I just don't get why."

          I shrugged. "I'm trying something new--getting my career and life in the right track, y'know?"

"And I'm just booted from 'Team Jafar?' I thought we had a good thing going."

I let out a humorless laugh. Oh, how little he knows about my life and career. If it wasn't for the way he managed me, I would have been home with my family, with Ayah. The whole start of my career was such a rush. Concerts every other week, cd signings and tours. Crazy fans, meet and greets, the whole nine yards. I loved the fame, I still do, but there comes a time where it gets too much. Like now.

          "After everything I helped you with, this is how you repay me?!"

          I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. He's always thinking about himself.

          "This is complete bull--"

          "Hey!" I cut him off with narrowed eyes. "Not everything is about you. You think you helped me--you didn't! Sure, you booked me gigs here and there, but you never thought of me, just you!"

          I got up to walk over to the calendar on my wall. Call me crazy, but I took a note of how long I was away, what happened while I was here and all my restrictions I was under. Whether it be Allen's or the labels, I had them. And I don't like them.