Wounded- Chapter Thirteen

Edited

Published: Wednesday August 12th 2015 2:35 pm

Ayah:

July 18th

        Beep beep beep beep

        At the sound of  a very annoying noise, I sat up in the bed with a yawn. I didn't realize how tired I was until now. And when I looked to the left of me I knew I wasn't the most exhausted. Jafar was sound asleep next to me, slightly snoring with his mouth partly opened. The last time I saw him look like this was after we came back from a camping trip gone wrong. Let's just say that we should have checked the weather.

        Beep beep beep beep

        As the alarm continued to go off, I looked around the room for it and came up empty until I saw a light coming from under the covers.

         On top of Jafar's stomach. Great.

        Taking a very huge gulp, I pulled the covers back, doing a slight happy dance in my mind when I saw he didn't sleep shirtless like the cliches always say. But I couldn't help that small part of me that felt disappointed that he wasn't.

        Weird, right?

         There his phone sat in his hand going off, yet he hadn't waken up yet. If this was me, I would have screamed myself awake. For the next five minutes I sat there debating whether or not to turn the alarm off. It stopped every couple minutes, but then continued again. If I didn't see his chest moving up and down, I would think he was dead because he hasn't recognized the annoying rooster going off.

       Okay this is ridiculous. The more I sit here and debate whether or not to shut off the alarm, the more time I'm wasting for us to get ready for fajr. I lifted my hand slowly, easing over towards the phone. I placed my index finger and thumb on the sides of the phone and began to pull it up when he stirred in his sleep. I jumped a little and pulled my hand back as I saw he curled up with the phone, not even bothering to turn the alarm off.

       Letting out a chuckle at what I just witnessed, I sat there staring rather creepily at him to see if he noticed the vibrating chicken of a phone in his hand, when there was a knock at the door. Realizing it could only be Annie or Safeer, I stood up and walked towards the door.

        "Good morning," Safeer smiled at me, looking as happy as ever while I'm stood trying to get the crust out of my eyes. I must look a sight.

       "You look horrible in the morning," Safeer commented and shook his head in amusement. If I wasn't tired and a little in shock at what I just witnessed with Jafar, I would have a comeback or lift my hand to playfully slap him, but I'm too tired for both. I'm not a morning person.

       "Good to see you too, Safeer. Did you need something?"

       "It's fajr," He told me like I was oblivious. "I came to get Jafar so we could go to the masjid."

        I looked over at his sleeping form and sighed. "You can try all you want, but as you can see, an annoying rooster can't get the job done."

       Safeer smirked at me and gestured for me to let him in the room. "Be my guest," I said and moved out of the way so he could walk in the room.

        Once Safeer got to the side of the bed, he bent down, cocking his head to the side as he studied Jafar, no doubt wondering how he was going to execute his plan. Not wanting to stand around and witness what my dear cousin is about to do, I turned and made my way towards the bathroom. After cleaning my face up and tying my hair up, I made my wudhu and went back into the room Jafar and I stayed in and grabbed my scarf and Abaya, not even paying attention to whatever Safeer told Jafar. And judging by the shock on his face, it couldn't be anything good.