Wounded- Chapter Forty

Edited:

          Happy new year!!!

            instead of spamming this story with bonus chapters, I am thinking about making a one-shot book. What do you all think?

           Also, for those of you who want to see more of Jamila after what happened, you can get a peek in this chapter.

          And one more thing...If there are at least twenty votes and fifteen comments by this coming up Tuesday, there will be an update!

Song: Insha Allah- Maher Zain

Published: Thursday, December 31st 2015, 5:21 p.m

Ayah:

For the past hour, Jafar has been on the phone talking to anyone he can about what's going on with Luca. The way he's stressing, he's going to end up in the hospital as well. And as I watch him now, sitting on the porch and heaving deep sighs once in a while, I can't help but worry about him. This is just too much. Even before we came back here, he was stressing about his family. About seeing his father, worrying about his sister and brother, and trying to mend things with me.

Then working at the school, talking to his father again just to not talk to him, not to mention a new brother in the mix. Those are just a few things that I'll name at the moment. But the most important thing is that we haven't gotten anywhere since being back. Sure we've gone apartment hunting and we've been around each other more, but the feeling of not moving forward is there, deep in my gut. I hate feeling like this, but it feels just like it did right before he left. It was like we were still us, but we weren't getting anywhere. We knew the time for him to leave was near, so there really wasn't any point in moving forward faster if Jafar's absence would slow us down.

I really hate having these feelings, and the only people I would talk about this too are Mama and Jamila, but both have problems of their own and I don't want to bother them. Plus, these feeling could be gone by tomorrow. I could have a whole knew thinking of our future, but deep in my heart, I know it's just wishful thinking. Because if the feeling is there, it's there. There's no changing that.

-*-
November 6th

"Hi! I'm so glad we could meet today. I'm pretty sure I've found what you both are looking for."

We both nodded at Quinn and went into the open apartment, waiting to see if this could be the one. As we stepped inside, the first thing that was noticeable is the open living space, and floor length Windows looking over the meadow across the street to where the sun will set. Right then I knew I would like this place.

"There are two baths, three beds, and a considerable kitchen. No water, molding, or noise problem."

"Are they updated?" Jafar asked, and Quinn nodded. Really, anything updated didn't even cross my mind. I was too caught up into looking out the large windows to even pay attention, but that was until Jafar came beside me and offered a big smile.

"It's beautiful," I whispered after a while, still watching as the sun shone on the brush, and the wind swept by it. "It takes my mind off of the world and onto its beauty."

"That it does," Jafar sighed, placing an arm around my shoulder as we watched nothing but nature. For a minute it seemed perfect...until he opened his mouth. "I have a meeting at the school and won't be done for a couple of hours."