Wounded- Chapter Twenty Three

Edited:

Published: Saturday, October 3rd 6:17 pm 2015

Ayah:

         Its only been five minutes since I've sat down to talk to my Uncle and I I already have worrying thoughts. What could have happened? What could be so bad to bring my Uncle here? I know he travels a lot for business and all, but why now? It's all so sudden. I need some ice cream for all of this worrying...

"So, what was so important about Jafar that you had to come all this way? I love you, Uncle Yaman, but I don't want your trip here wasted."

"This is important for the both of you," He declared. "For the past few days before Jafar left, I was in contact with him. We were discussing his career."

"You were the one he was always texting?" I asked my Uncle in disbelief and he nodded, not a drop of guilt coating his face.

"Yes, that was me. We were making plans for what we were going to do with his career and record label. We were finding a way out for you both."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Uncle Yaman sighed and pursed his lips.

"I didn't want to give you false hope, my dear. We are very close to ending everything now, but I couldn't go on until you knew the truth."

I gulped. "What is the truth?"

"Jafar didn't want to leave you but pressure to make things right with you led him to do stupid things. I knew that when he told you about his departure, you would be broken, but it needed to be done. But now that you're possibly pregnant..."

I lifted my head up with wide eyes. "You know?!"

"I do. But I don't get why you don't want to know?"

I shrugged."I'm scared. I don't want to know the truth because it's not the right timing for such. I just can't, Uncle Yaman."

I felt the first tear roll down my face and sniffed. It's just too much now. Uncle Yaman moved from his position on the couch to sit and comfort me.

"Ayah, you have people that care about you and are willing to be there for you. Let them. You need to let someone in."

I don't remember the last time I just cried. Everything has been so emotional lately, but I've never cried. I guess I didn't have anymore tears left to shed. But now? It's all coming out full swing and I can't stop it. I don't want to. I just want to let it out.

"You need to talk to him."

I wiped the tears from my eyes with the back of my hand and shook my head.

"I can't. It hurts to much."

"Ayah," He sighed. "It will hurt more if you don't."

-*-

      Uncle Yaman left about twenty minutes ago. After our talk, he stayed for dinner so we could catch up. The whole time I felt the questioning looks on everyone's faces, and I know they're going to ask questions.

     "Hey, Ayah," Jamila smiled awkwardly from where she stood in front of me. Since I cooked, Lee and Iffah offered to do the dishes. Isabella left some time ago, but she warned me that we needed to talk. I've only known her for a few days, but I feel like we're old friends.

       "Hey," I smiled back. "You want to sit?"

     Jamila nodded and sat next to me. I can't exactly talk to her about what's going on. She's my best friend, but Jafar is her brother. I can't risk telling her and she ends up telling her family. Uncle Yaman and I had an understanding before he left. He's going to be in town for business the next couple of days, which gives him the prefect opportunity to take me to the doctors.