Wounded- Chapter Forty Two

Edited:

Published: Monday, January 11th 2016 12:45 pm

Ayah:
November 18th

I woke up this morning with a sudden urge to vomit my stomach contents, made my Fajr Salaah with Jafar, and cooked us breakfast for the day. It may seem like a pretty boring routine, but for someone who has her own house after years of living with her mother, it's a big deal and very exciting. Well, except for the morning sickness. That I can definitely live without. But since it's normal when pregnant, it doesn't seem so bad.

Isabella: Hey, Ayah, you've been MIA. That's Lee's job, lols. I need to speak to you about my wedding.

"Knock, knock!" I heard someone sing from outside the door, and I quickly--as quickly as a four month pregnant person can--grabbed the extra scarf I put on the coffee table, I stood up to see who was there. Jafar went on a run this morning and wouldn't be back for another few minutes or so, so it couldn't be him.

"Ayah!"

"Who is it?" I called back, ignoring the fact that the person knew my name. "Well? I have a..." I looked around for an item to use, but came across empty. "A bat," I bluffed, "so you better not try anything." Then heard a laugh and whispering on the other side.

"It's Jamila, Ayah," I sighed in relief when I recognized her voice, opened the door, and glare at my sister and her friend who were beaming at me. "Hi."

"Yeah," I said dryly, rolling my eyes. "Hi."

"So," Alia spoke up, sharing an amused smile with Jamila. "Where's the bat?"

"Just come in." I grumbled and went back to my position on the couch and turned off the TV, giving them my full attention. Many possibilities of why they are here at nine in the morning, but I just opted with letting them tell me. "So," I rolled my lips into my mouth while looking at their smiling faces, then let my lips go with a pop, "what's up?"

"The ceiling, obviously," Jamila joked, and I glared at her, raising an eyebrow for her to tell me the answer I wanted. "I'm meeting with my brother here."

"Why?"

She smiled innocently in response. "Oh, you know, brother sister stuff. Is he here?"

At that exact moment, Jafar walked through the door, panting slightly, sweaty and holding a water bottle. A stifled a laugh at his state and Jamila's look of disgust.

"Ew," She scrunched her face up, shaking her head. "You look like you're about to pass out."

"I feel like it," He shot me a smile and went to the kitchen to throw away his empty bottle, then came forwards and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Hey."

I smiled back, pushing a peice of his wet hair from his face. "Hey."

"Uhum," Jamila scoffed, gesturing to herself and Alia, who I noticed didn't stop blushing since Jafar entered the room. Yes, Jamila has told me about her ongoing crush on my husband a few years back when we weren't married, but I never would've thought she would still like him. "Can you two not while we're here?"

Jafar looked up with a smile, tilting his head to the side. "Why are you here? No offense, Mills, but it's..." he looked down at his watch and back at Jamila, "nine twelve in the morning."