Wounded- Chapter Eight

Edited

Published: Tuesday July 21, 2015 2:27 a.m

Jafar:

July 12th

This is it. It all comes down to the last few seconds of the game. I'm staring at my competition, squinting lightly so I won't lose. I can't lose.

My opponent smiled at me, all the while showing off her adorable little dimples. She knows I can't resist the adorable smile.

"Give up now," I smirked and eying up my opponent. She shook her head, her bouncy curls falling in her face.

"We've been at this for like ten minutes!"

"It's been like thirty seconds. She's not going to give up," Amna smiled from where she stood over us.

"One can hope," I tilted my head and stared directly into her eyes. I don't know how it's possible for someone like her to not blink for this long.

"Uncle Jafar, just give up! She's a pro at this game."

"I am," She smiled and propped her hands under her cheeks. "Do you wanna quit."

"No," I glared and straightened up my stance.

"Jafar, I was wondering if you could..." Tehreem trailed off, raising an am sided eyebrow at the sight in front of her. "What are you doing?"

"About to lose," Amna smirked at her Ummi and continued eyeing Mina and I back and fourth.

"Well I need you to do something."

I turned my head to look at my sister and Mina gasped and pointing an accusing finger at me. "You blinked!"

"I moved my head!" I defended standing up only to have something waved in front on my face so I would blink. I glared at my ten year old nephew Zakariah.

He shrugged. "You were going to lose anyway."

"I would have won if you hadn't done that. Now I lost to a six year old!"

"Jafar," Tehreem lightly hit my arm. I turned to her. "I need you to take the kids out while I clean around the house."

"Why can't they stay here?" I asked and she rolled her eyes with a glare.

"I do my best work without distractions, now go!"

"Fine," I grumbled and turned to face three pairs of eyes on me. "Who wants to go to the park?"

"I'm thirteen," Amna commented, pursing her lips. "The arcade sounds better."

"Yeah!" Zak chimed in.

Sighing, I nodded. Something tells me I'm going to regret this.

-*-

Ayah:

"So, what do you think?"

I stood in front of Mama, swaying back and fourth in my Abaya. There's nothing extraordinary about it. It's just the fact that I got up and took control of my life again. I could only last so long in bed before I convinced myself that I was lazy. This morning I figured that a week was enough.

"You look much better," Mama nodded in approval, then walked towards me with a plastic bag of money.

"What's this for?"