Wounded- Chapter Thirty Nine

Edited:

nextupdate won't be for a while on account of planning for it. Please read the random question at the end...

Ayah:
October 30th

"So, who are we meeting with?"

"The realtors name is..." Jafar let go of my hand to check the paper, then reconnected our fingers, a smile on his face. "...Quinn Fox. She's suppose to be the best in town."

"This is so exciting," I grinned, holding his hand so tightly to the point where he scolded me many ones for cutting off his circulation. We both finally agreed to go apartment hunting, and today was the best day to go. On the weekends we planned on going to visit my Uncle Yaman and Aunt Suhaila, then Jafar starts up his season again on Monday. And tomorrow is Halloween, which means no school. My voice is still nasally from my cold, but today was finally happening. I wasn't going to miss it.

"So, we're looking for a three bedroom, right?"

"Yeah," He nodded, opening up the door for me, then letting it close behind him. "Our room, the babies, and a guest room. Everywhere we visit someone has an extra room for us. I thought we should return the favor."

"Welcome to Riverside Properties. My name is David, do you have an appointment?"

"We're here to see..." I rolled my eyes in amusement as Jafar had to re-read the name. "...Quinn Fox."

"Your name?"

"J-a-f-a-r I-b-r-a-h-i-m."

The guy looked up briefly to nod at us, before pressing a button on his company phone. "Have a seat and she will arrive momentarily."

We both nodded and made our way to the comfortable looking love seat in the middle of the room, and I melted into my side.

I was now 4 months pregnant, and could barely see my feet. Well, I could see a peice of them, but definitely not when I'm lying down. It's funny to see, but not when you're in my position. Jafar loves it because the baby is growing. He caught me looking down at my stomach and smiled.

"Only five months to go."

"Maybe," I sighed, and he frowned. "I mean, some people have their babies earlier than expected. I know of a woman who had her baby at six months. Are we going to be ready in time?"

Jafar placed an arm around my shoulder, and I relaxed into him.

"We'll be ready, Insha Allah. Don't worry."

"Hello," A woman came towards us, a clipboard in her hand and her smile wide. "My name is Quinn and I'll be your realtor. We won't be looking for places today on account of me hunting them down, but dor now," She I clipped a peice of paper from the board and handed us each. "You can fill out these forms and I'll asses and get to you on what I find."

"Thank you."

"See," Jafar held his paper up with a smile. "Another step closer."

"Yeah," I nodded, but the doubts were still there.

-*-
After a long three hours of apartment hunting and only finding two that were suitable, we decided to let Quinn find some more places for us before making a decision.