In The Course, We'll Be Driving So Rough

Recap:

"W-wait... What does that mean for us?" Felix's voice trembled, his heart pounding with the fear of rejection as he awaited Chan's response, completely dreading the possibility of being casted aside by his alpha.

"It means we want you to join us, Little One... Please... Just. Let us love you..." Chan pleaded honestly. His eyes were filled with a sense of longing, he was begging the younger to say yes.

Begging the younger to become their omega, officially.

"Join your relationship?" Felix asked, astonished. His mind was reeling with the proposition.

"Yes," Chan responded firmly. "Join all seven of us... We just want the chance to truly take care of you," he declared honestly, leaning down to place another soft kiss on top of the omega's forehead. His lips lingered there as he whispered a small "please," at the end.

"Chan..." Felix's breath caught in his throat as he tried to grapple with the overwhelming mix of emotions surging throughout him.

Join them?

—————————————————————

The park was rather silent as the air around the alpha and omega turned thick with unspoken tension. Not even the animals hiding amongst the trees dared to make a peep.

The sun had officially set behind them, dipping down below the horizon. The street lights had officially flickered to life, casting an illuminating glow upon the path behind them.

Chan sat glued to the bench, holding his breath in anticipation as his heart continued to pound anxiously in his chest. His question lingered in the air, remaining unanswered by the omega.

As the seconds gradually began to pass, impatience began to gnaw on him, the silence seemingly stretching into an eternity when in reality it was just a few short moments.

The alpha was beginning to get a bit concerned about the omega getting to cold as the sun beside them had left and the cold air began to blow a bit harsher, brushing the younger's blonde hair off his shoulders and turning his little button nose red.

Felix of course lacked the internal warmth of an alpha, and Chan knew how susceptible he was to the cold. Every fiber of his being yearned to offer his jacket and shield the omega from the shivers creeping over him, yet his body remained immobile, as if he had turned to stone.

It was if he was subconsciously preparing himself for some kind of impact, as if Felix's potential reject would hit him like a hard physical blow to the gut.

He was also hesitating because he didn't want to spook the omega in any kind of way, fearing that Felix might flee from him forever if that happened.

The weight of the unanswered question hung heavily in the air, and it was beginning to make the alpha feel a bit uncomfortable and restless.

He contemplated breaking the silence, building up his confidence as the minutes seemed to truck on. However, before he could, the omega had decided to make the first move by drawing in a ragged, shaky breath, sucking in his plump bottom lip, and gnawing on it with his teeth.

"Chan..." Felix tried again, his voice soft and hesitant as he spoke. "I... I don't really know what to say..." he mumbled quietly, nervously fidgeting with the skin around his nails, a habit he couldn't seem to shake. "T-this is all just a lot to process..."