Hold On Tight As It Speeds Up

"C-could you come pick me up?"

———————————————————————

The line went dead, and the pure unease in the omegas voice was more than enough to propel Chan up and out of his seat.

The alpha hastily grabbed his keys off the kitchen counter, and without uttering so much as a single word to his mates, he dashed out of the house, slamming the door shut behind him.

"I really don't think that's a good sign," muttered Hyunjin, slowly bringing another dumpling to his mouth and taking a bite out of it.

"What gave you that idea, Sherlock?" Jeongin quipped sarcastically, raising an eyebrow as he tilted his head towards the red-haired alpha. Are you really that stupid?

Hyunjin just shrugged, not giving much thought to the situation as he returned to his lunch, popping yet another steamed dumpling into his mouth.

Jeongin shook his head in utter disbelief; yes, he truly is that dumb. "You're soo lucky that you're pretty, it really makes up for your stupidity," the beta muttered, taking out his cell phone in an attempt to call Chan and figure out what is going on.

"So you think I'm pretty," Hyunjin said, raising an eyebrow. He couldn't help but smile widely at the beta, his cheeks puffed out with food as his eyes slipped into little crescent-shaped moons.

"Of course that's the only part of that whole sentence that you focus on," Changbin chuckled, rolling his eyes at the overly confident alpha.

"Felix thinks I'm pretty too," Hyunjin mumbled, more to himself but Changbin heard it too.

"How do you know-"

"Fuck," Jeongin huffed in frustration, slamming his phone down onto the table, catching the attention of both of his mates. "Chan's not answering any of my calls."

"Should we consider calling Minho?" Changbin suggested, reaching into his own pocket to retrieve his phone, immediately pulling up the alpha's contact.

"I'm not sure if that's such a good idea," Jeongin replied, nervously biting his lip. "I think if Chan felt it was necessary, then he would contact Minho himself. We just.. well, we all know how protective Minho gets when it comes to Felix..."

"But Chan also wouldn't dare to intentionally ignore Minho's phone calls, just watch." Changbin countered, pressing the dial button and holding the phone up to his ear as he waited for the other alpha to pick up.

"What do you want?" Minho greeted with an icy growl. He's just always so loving.

"Well hello to you too," Changbin grumbled back, slipping the phone on speaker as he set it on top of the table. "It's me, Jeongin, and Hyunjin. We need your help trying to get ahold of Chan. We were having lunch and he suddenly got a call, then he just bolted out of the house without saying anything to us. We don't know what's going on-"

"Jisung!" Minho suddenly hissed into the speaker, cutting off Changbin.

The alpha must have moved the phone further away from his ear because shuffling could be heard through the phone, and his voice seemed to become more muffled as he spoke, but Changbin could still hear everything, including the sound of the car's engine suddenly revving. "Move you idiot! You just shifted my car into neutral!"