77

"Dude she's probably fi-"

"You don't know that!" Jaehyun shouted at Jungwoo, attempting to call Kira for the sixteenth time. Mark parted his lips to say something to ease the tension but Johnny tapped Mark's leg and shook his head, telling Mark to stay quiet. Jaehyun rarely ever got angry at his friends, Jungwoo especially. But all three boys understood something out of his control was at play here. And that's something he hated the most.

The rest of the ride was silent, the constant ringing of the call filling in the the pin drop silence as they approached the apartment complex. His eyes widened as worry filled his mind at the sight of red and blue lights around the complex, catching the attention of the other boys as well. Their manager had barely even stopped the car before Jaehyun was pushing the door open, ignoring his calls and only seeing tunnel vision as he ran towards the the group of residents that had gathered by the scene with the sight of a man being dragged into a police car. His mind was only preoccupied with two things now, Jihye and Kira.

"Jaehyun!" Kai's voice pierced the air making him turn his head to the girl who waved over to him beside an ambulance. He didn't spare another second before rushing up to her, eyes immediately landing over at Kira who was wrapped in a thin navy blanket, the hoodie she was wearing—his hoodie—stained with a deep crimson red making him almost faint at the sight of it.

"Kira" he mumbled, mouth running dry when she turned to him with teary eyes, cutting her conversation with the female officer short as she was questioned on her ex's appearance.

"Jae-" he almost knocked the air out of her lungs as he engulfed her in a hug, a tight and protective one, keeping her close to him.

"You're bleeding..are you—what—"

"I'm fine...but Taehyun..." she cried in his chest

"What happened? Where's Jihye" He asked with panic and she sniffed

"She's upstairs with Haerin and Krit, you should go-"

"I'm not leaving you." Jaehyun mumbled into her hair, feeling her body shake uncontrollably underneath his hold

"I'll be fine. She really needs you right now Jae" Kira said with a shaky voice, pulling away from his hug.

"I'm going to the hospital with Taehyun and Kai" She said and he nodded slowly, finding it hard to let her out of his sight

"Be with Jihye, I'm fine" She smiled, convincing him just enough and he nodded, not thinking twice before he crashed his lips onto hers, hands on either side of her face making her wince at the pain on her cheek and burning against the cut on her lip.

"I love you. Be safe" he breathed, pulling away from their kiss and she nodded

"I love you too" She sighed, turning around from him and entering the the ambulance with Kai, Taehyun lying in the middle on a stretcher as she intertwined her fingers with his cold and pale ones, a flow of tears leaving her eyes as she saw him pale face look so most peaceful its ever looked.

Jaehyun sighed as he took one final look at her, he wanted to be there for her, hug her and hold her, tell her everything would be okay. But he had someone else to worry about right now, and she did too.

Kai's official fanbase

Eunhye: is he okay?

Taehyun: he's actually DEAD.

Taehyun: DECEASED.

Eunhye: good riddance ❤️

Taehyun: :(

Johnny: what happened?

Taehyun: i got mauled by a bear 🥲

Mark: what?