11

Punching in the keycode to his apartment, Jaehyun stepped into the house, hallways being lit lightly from the distant ambient lighting from the living room.

He pressed his lips into a thin line, taking off his jacket and walking towards the light, knowing that he had to relieve the baby sitter. It was already 1 in the morning, a lot later than he expected to arrive. The practice started later than he had hoped due to Mark and Haechan arriving late because of their other schedules with Dream.

His eyebrows furrowed as he scanned the seemingly empty living room, until his eyes finally landed on the head that was leaned against the neck of the leather couch.

He took light steps towards her, making sure to not jumpscare her, but he soon was met with Kira who was sleeping peacefully, her dentistry book plopped onto the floor from her previous grip, long breaths being inhaled and exhaled. Jaehyun had a small smile on his face as he picked up the book, closing it properly before placing it onto the coffee table.

He awkwardly looked around, wondering how he could wake her. He opted for the slow pat and shake on her shoulder, Kira being a light sleeper immediately waking up to that. Her eyes blinked slowly, a sigh exiting her mouth as she slowly fixed her vision onto the man that was waking her up.

"Am I dreaming?" She said, still deluded with sleep as she saw Jaehyun come into her view. The low chuckle emitted from him immediately made her realise she was awake and she still wasn't used to seeing him in person. She jumped awake in confusion, realising her study session didn't go as planned and she fell asleep on the job.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep!" She said with slight panic, making sure not to speak too loudly incase she woke up Jihye. Jaehyun brought his hand up, shaking it lightly to motion that it was no big deal.

"It's okay, Jihye usually doesn't wake up during the night...I guess I came home pretty late too" he said, sheepishly rubbing his hand over his beanie that covered his head.

"Ah...it's okay really. How was practice?" She asked and he raised his eyebrows a little, hearing her express some interest in his idol life, something she tried not to mention to him so he wouldn't think she was some crazed fan.

"It was good. We're putting in a lot of effort for this concert" he said, keeping it short so he wouldn't bother incase she wasn't interested her, but she took it as a sign that he didn't want to talk about his career in much detail, after all she was only here to babysit.

"I should get going" she said, filling in the silence that quickly developed between them, the two still quite awkward with each other when Jihye wasn't around taking up their attention.

"Oh I can drive you-"

"No! You're probably so tired, I'll just call my brother" She said, reaching for her phone

"Really its okay, it's way too late" He said and she sighed, realising he was right and that Kai may not be asleep at this hour but he surely wasn't going to drive up to collect her.

"How about I call you a cab instead?" He asked, seeing no other viable option

"Are you sure?" She asked, out of respect

"Of course, its the least I can do" he said sheepishly again, knowing he had a tendency to come home or go to work late with all the things he had going on in his life. Due to this he'd often have his staff work overtime which he felt guilty for, yet everyone only wanted to help him since he was a genuinely nice person.

"That's perfect" She said, smiling politely before stuffing her books into her bag, grabbing her coat and keeping her belongings together as Jaehyun went to get changed into something comfier as they waited for the taxi.

Having the extra time, she decided to busy herself in the kitchen to heat up the food that was left for him as a thank you for the cab. As she was setting the table, Jaehyun walked in, eyes catching onto her movements.

"Oh the housekeeper left some dinner for you, you're probably really hungry so eat up, I can let myself out" She said and Jaehyun smiled, shoving his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants, not having the heart to say no even though his manager had bought him a subway after their practice session. He treaded his feet over to the table and he sat down at the seat where she had set the table for him.

"Please sit" Jaehyun said, motioning to the seat adjacent to him while he sat at the head of the table.

"Did Jihye eat well?" He asked and she nodded

"Yeah she ate all her veggies too, even mine" Kira said Jaehyun chuckled

"What did you guys do today?" Jaehyun asked out of curiosity to fill the silence

"I helped her with her English homework, then we built a lego dreamhouse. She also introduced me to all her plushies, first and last name-" Jaehyun cut Kira off with a chesty laugh, knowing how worn out she might've been from spending this much time with Jihye

"But I had a lot of fun" Kira said, nodding with a sheepish smile

"I'm glad, she couldn't stop talking about how excited she was to see you in the morning" he said and she smiled, heart swelling a little at how pure she was.

Before their conversation could delve any further, a notification popped up on Jaehyun's phone that the uber was downstairs for Kira. Being the gentleman he is, he offered to walk her down, making sure she was safe at this hour.

"I'll give you my private number, just text me when you're home" Jaehyun said. He usually wasn't the type to give out his personal information but being the father of a daughter definitely changed his view on the world.

Kira's eyes widened at the statement, even though the number was given out of a reasonable context, she was still a girl who favoured the idol.

Jaehyun smiled calmly, extending his hand out for her to give him her phone, and she did, unlocking it and opening up the contact app for him, being careful to not show him her shaky hands. They both exchanged contacts, Jaehyun smartly saving his name as "jihye's dad"

As Kira hopped into the Uber, Jaehyun stood by the lobby door, watching the car drive off before walking back to his apartment, hoping Kira would text him soon so he could go to sleep peacefully.

To pass time, his fingers glazed over the Instagram app as he laid comfortably under his covers, smiling as he saw the recent comments from his friends, particularly the 97 liner bunch, on the new post of his private account, which was mainly a spam of Jihye. His eyes lit up at all the praises and comments about how cute his little girl was and how she looked just like him, and he wished he didn't have to be so private about it, but he always wanted her to live a normal life like he did before he was a trainee.

Curiosity got the best of him as he aimlessly liked other posts and comments, and eventually, he found himself biting his lip as he stared at the search bar before giving in.

Kira |

Kira Lee |

Suggested : kiirali00