2

"What about retail?" Haerin asked but Kira shook her head to say no

"I can't be doing that kind of work especially with all these practicals and assignments coming up. I need a place to work that's free of stress and let's me study, even if its just a little bit" she said

"What about babysitting?" Eunhye asked

"What part of stress free didn't you get?" She retorted

"Loads of kids are chill these days, they just need an ipad and its all good" Haerin said in agreement, but Kira didnt look too convinced

"Actually she has a point" Kai said making Kira's head turn towards him.

"Who asked you to speak?" She asked, bullying him as usual, and he rolled his eyes before continuing his sentence.

"Firstly, babysitting pays a lot, secondly you get to stay inside a house for the most part and you don't need to actually play with them. And if you go to the more expensive areas the more they'll pay and the better their kids are. All rich kids have to study for ages"

"All rich kids also have house people to do it for them" she said in rebuttal, thinking there was no other way out but to watch a little annoying toddler crawl around and salivate all day.

"Its worth trying i guess" Haerin said, shrugging her shoulders

"Plus, maybe you'll find a kid with the same mental capacity as you" Taehyun said making fun of her and she only rolled her eyes in response

"And all your competition is a bunch of high school teenagers, they're definitely going to choose a 22 year old over them... as long as you don't... dress like that" Haerin said, eyeing her ripped baggy jeans (👹BAGGY BAGGY BAGGY BAGGY 👹).

"Alright, I've been convinced" she said with a sigh

"You're gonna do it?" Haerin exclaimed

"I have no choice, that rent isn't gonna pay itself" she said, taking responsibility for her own life ('for once', Kai would have argued)

"I've taught you well sis" Kai said, looking up from his laptop and nodding in acknowledgment

She looked back onto her laptop and opened up a few sites where you can apply online for a babysitting job.

'A lot clients are regular clients who want to book you regularly, make sure you leave a good impression! :)' The site advised before it showed an empty form to fill out.

She added in all her personal details into each site, her email inbox exploding with newsletters and welcome mails from the company. She closed the tab and started to work on her boring assignment about medical ethics and patient consent instead.

The evening that followed was somewhat a regular, albeit boring, one. She found herself seated in the living room, a matching set of plaid pyjamas on while she browsed the online shopping website, adding things to her cart wishing she could purchase them without the financial burden.

"You hungry? I'm thinking of ordering a Pad Thai" Kira asked Kai who was in the kitchen scouring through the fridge.

"Yeah, we got no food" He said with a sigh, knowing the two had no free time to go grocery shopping the last few days due to all their assignments and classes.

"Okay great, get me my card" Kira said, pointing down the hallway of the apartment where her room was at the end of

"I thought you said you were broke?" Kai piped up, at his sister's generosity to pay for dinner

"Oh yeah, then get me your card" she said with a smile, and he rolled his eyes, knowing fully well that she set this trap up for him.

"There is a special place in hell for people like you Kira" the boy mumbled as he walked down the hall to grab his wallet

The ding emitting from the side of her macbook made her turn towards the monitor, looking at the corner to see a notification from the babysitting agency website.

'When can you start?'

Her eyes nearly exploded out of her skull.

Kira: Hi, I can start from Tomorrow night. My availability is usually on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

Messenger: Thanks Kira, this is a VIP client so no further details will be disclosed online. Please be at the underlined address at 5pm sharp.

Messenger: *address attached with google maps link*

"This doesn't feel that safe" She said, turning her laptop screen to Kai who was walking back into fhe living room and he looked into her screen, reading the words slowly.

"The site is pretty legit though, Haerin even got a job on there" Kai said and Kira hummed looking at the address. Seongdung-gu, it was a pretty good area, not too far from her apartment either.

"I'll drive you there tomorrow after class if you want" Kai said and she cooed at the him finally caring about her in a brotherly manner, making him roll his eyes.

"Looks like someone's got a job!" Kai exclaimed and Kira cracked a smile.

"Finally" she rejoiced, closing her tabs after taking note of the address and getting ready to order that pad thai she's been craving all day. The doorbell rang about fifteen minutes later, getting her all giddy and excited, answering the door with a big smile on her face, which soon fell.

"Well hello to you too, nice to see that I just light up your day huh" Krit said sarcastically as he viewed the fallen smile on her lips

"We ordered Pad Thai not an actual Thai person" she said, opening the door wider for him to come inside. Krit lived on the floor above them, but spent most of his evenings with the twins since he didn't get on too well with his housemate. According to Krit, he was too stingy to pay for wifi so he comes down whenever he wants to stream a netflix show.

"Ive said this a countless number of times Krit. Data is such a wonderful thing, internet access on the go for the price of a certain amount of dollars every month" Kira said and he rolled his eyes

"Don't be like that, I'm a college drop out and your dad pays for your bills, we're not the same" he said, patting her on the top of her head before heading into the living room to greet Kai.