7

Dinner passed by quite smoothly. It was mainly Jaehyun and Jihye indulged in their filial conversations about Jaehyun's upcoming concert tour for Fact Check promotions while Kira swelled up at the two interacting. Every now and then Jaehyun asked a question about Kira's studies and college life, and Jihye would ask more questions out of curiosity like why she wasn't in art school if she liked art, or if people's stinky teeth bother her when she would work.

She found that Jaehyun was almost slightly embarrassed of his daughter's habit of oversharing information and stories which were quite embarrassing, yet that was on him for establishing a 'no secrets' policy.

They were then seated on a floor table at the study room where her old painting hung while Jihye traced out the letters from her alphabet book. Trying to make them look as neat as possible. The light music of Tom Misch playing on the vinyl as Jaehyun reorganised his record collection, giving Jihye and Kira some time to bond on their own.

"Look, if you connect the curly part of the Y and the E, you can draw a butterfly on top of your name... that can be your signature" Kira said, taking a pencil and drawing Jihye's name while connecting the letters to make a butterfly. Jihye watched in awe and tried to recreate it a few times, struggling to make the lines as neat as Kira's.

"I can't do it like you" she huffed

"That's okay, everyone's signature is different and unique, that's what makes it their signature. Yours is perfect" Kira said, shooting her a small wink snd Jihye smiled in contempt. Jaehyun smiled to himself at the soft words from Kira, wondering how someone could be so good with kids so quickly. She almost made all his hard work of being a single parent look like a first grader's algebra homework.

"Jihye, can i have your autograph?" Jaehyun asked sweetly, moving away from his now genre specifically organised record shelf and towards the two girls. With an excited giggle and nod, she picked up a black marker.

"On your back!" She said, forcing him turn around so she could sign his white boxy T-shirt which Kira knew was way too expensive for a kid to be drawing butterflies on it. But seeing the genuine smile on his face without a care in the world made her realise where his priorities really lied.

Jihye was given the best clothes, best toys and best everything. Everything he did was for her. All this security and extra money spent just to make his little girl feel safe. Parents really do everything they poss can for their children. Although he was young, Kira couldn't help but feel as if this was exactly what he wanted.

He never once looked at Jihye like she was a burden to him, since she was 5 he definitely had to have this commitment for a long time. They were meant to be. She felt a little sorry for Jihye however, knowing that she'd learnt from a young age that she can't be seen with her father in public.

"Earth to Kira" Jihye said waving her hands in-front of her face making her blink rapidly, coming back to reality.

"Jihye, don't do that. Its really rude, apologise quickly" Jaehyun said, making sure to teach his little girl good manners the second an issue was to arise so it doesn't happen again.

"I'm sorry" the girl apologised, voice going a bit lower and a pout forming on her lips after being told off

"I'm fine. I'm sorry too, I should've been paying attention...what were you saying?" Kira asked, Jaehyun smiling again to himself about how respecting Kira was to Jihye regardless of the fact that she was a kid.

"It's your turn to sign my dad!" Jihye said excitedly again, and Kira chuckled turning to face Jaehyun who looked pleased with how tonight was going so far.

"If anything it should be the other way around" Kira said and Jaehyun let out a chesty laugh

"It's fine, you're an artist and your painting is hanging on my wall so technically, I am your fan" Jaehyun said with a small smile and Kira smiled shyly, kneeling and trudging over to Jaehyun after he turned his back to her.

The close proximity within just the first few hours of getting to know each other, she already knew she might be overstepping the line but it really was all innocent.

The shallow breaths emitting from her mouth fell upon the back of his neck making his hairs stand up naturally. He tried his best not to stiffen up as she placed one hand lightly on his shoulder to stabilise his shirt while she wrote, a seemingly long sentence.

Once she finished, she showed Jihye, who took a little longer to read it, and the two snickered at the message and Jaehyun turned around with a raised eyebrow.

"What did you write?" Jaehyun asked with a curious smile and she shrugged, turning to Jihye before giving her a high five while the two laughed with a sense of victory.

"What happened to no secrets?" Jaehyun challenged his daughter, playfully putting his hands on his hips, and Jihye giggled before making a smart reply.

"It's not a secret, its a surprise" she said and Kira nodded in an approving manner. Jihye was a smart kid. She was really starting to like her until it dawned that it was 9pm. Time for her to go to bed and time for Kira to get out.

"Oh I should probably get going" Kira said, helping Jaehyun clean up the art supplies.

"Already?" Jihye asked, her voice becoming sad as she realised the play date was over.

"Mhm, what movie are you going to watch tonight?" She asked but was instantly met with a yawn from Jihye

"You broke your promise, you said you would stay awake for the movie!" Jaehyun playfully whined

"I'm still awake!" Jihye talked back in the same tone

"Ah so cute" Kira cooed and Jihye skipped over to give the girl a hug

"When are you coming back?" She asked, puffing her cheeks up. She knew exactly how to work the puppy eyes, after all she was an idol's kid.

"Kira will be back on Friday...if that's okay with you?" Jaehyun asked with a smile as he turned to Kira and she nodded slowly, silently rejoicing that she got the job.

"Okay Jihye go get changed, I'll walk Kira out" Jaehyun said, leaving the two girls to say goodbye before Jihye ran off to get changed into her pyjamas

"You have everything?" Jaehyun asked and she nodded, creating an awkward silence again now that it was just them two walking down the hallway.

"You guys get on really well" Jaehyun said, trying to break the tension

"She's the cutest" Kira replied, trying her best not to gush over the child already.

"Again...could you just keep this private? I really don't want the word to get out-"

"Yeah of course! You don't have to worry" Kira said and he nodded, still a bit cautious.

"And she's a sensitive kid..It might be hard but just try to make her feel like a regular kid. Sometimes the kids at school make her feel different so I really want her to have someone she can be open with. Especially since I'm not around much" Jaehyun said, scratching the back of his head

"She's a really great kid regardless of all that...I think we'll have a great time together" Kira said, reassuring Jaehyun that she was in fact there to spend time with Jihye. Jaehyun nodded at that with a smile, his hand opening the front door for her as she stepped out.

"Get home safe" Jaehyun said, out of courtesy and she smiled, bowing to him respectfully before heading back down the elevator to the car park where her brother was parked.