4

"Yo this place looks mad expensive" Kai said, feeling a little small, as he drove his mom's old hyundai into the car park that google maps had led them to.

"Your destination is on the right" the automated voice from the app said and she looked over to see a security guard infront of the entrance.

"I'll stay here until you go in. Text me okay" he said and she nodded, mentally gagging due to his sudden niceness that came from a place of worry. For an annoying twin brother who constantly says he's older and therefore more wiser only because he came out approximately 2 minutes before Kira, he wasn't the worst brother.

Call it twin telepathy or whatever you want but the two shared quite a few emotions together. As different as their interests and personalities may be, when he cried, she cried, and when she smiled, he smiled. Regardless of the death threats they threw at each other on the daily, they were each other's half's.

"See you later, pick me up at the same spot" she said, even though there was no agreement for him to pick her up, she closed the door before he could protest.

"Hello, I'm the babysitter today for Mister Jeong. They told me to notify you when i arrived" she said to the security guard and he held up a finger to her, suggesting that she was to wait. He picked up a telephone and waited for the line to connect before speaking, lowly so she couldn't hear the exchange of words.

"They'll be down to collect you in one moment" the guard said and she nodded. She looking down at her feet as she waited patiently. Her usual dirty track star converse were replaced with a clean pair of platform doc martens school shoes, crew socks reaching mid calf and a pleated skirt. Haerin suggested she was to give off a smart university student but still young enough to 'kick it with the kids' vibe, so she paired it with her crewneck sweatshirt that read "SNU"

"Fuck" she cursed under her breath, hand tightening over the shoulder strap of her school bag which carried her MacBook and headphones as she realised she had run out of the house with a messy bun instead of a neater look. It was certainly too late and she doubted that a person even would care.

"Miss Kira Lee?" A woman in a blazer and suit pants asked, walking up to her.

"Yes?" She asked

"I'm bringing you up to see the VIP client, can you please remove your mask and show me some form of official identification?" The woman asked and Kira blinked twice in awe before getting to work. Taking the government issued Driver's license from her wallet, she showed the lady her photo ID before removing her white mask, praying her face of make up wasn't transferred.

"Perfect, I'll be taking a copy of this for our records, follow us please" the woman said. She followed her timidly, feeling small behind her towering body, the sound of heels clicking against the ground. Kira wasn't short or anything. She was just about 5'7 but the reality of meeting people in black suits with slicked back hair was making her school girl outfit look hilarious.

She shot her brother a look as he remained in the parking spot as he signalled for her to text him after and she nodded before turning back ahead to follow the people.

"Arms out please" the woman said and she followed her orders while one of the men took her bag, and this is where she started to get slightly worried. The woman patted her body, much to her discomfort while one man searched her bag for anything suspicious.

"Here's your personal keycard which you need to scan at the elevator to bring you to the top floor and you must scan these every time on your way in and out. This is just to clock you in for work so all payments will be made fairly"

"So before you meet the client i will need you to know a few rules. No photographs, videos or recordings are to be taken of the house, its surrounding locations, objects in the house and most importantly the client or his daughter. You must not tell anyone any personal information about this client or his daughter including his name and profession. You must arrive on time and once you are confirmed for a booking there can be no cancellations unless its is due to acts beyond your control. Stay out of the rooms thats have the door closed shut. The cook will make dinner at 7pm every night and you are welcome to eat here until your shift is finished. The client isn't around often but he is today, he wanted to meet you in person to make sure his daughter was in good hands" the woman explained quickly and she nodded trying to take in all the information

"You may proceed to the top floor" the woman said and she politely bowed which Kira returned, stepping into the elevator with her bag back onto her shoulders before looking at the scanner, placing the keycard in-front of it and it beeped in success.

The elevator zoomed to the top floor quickly and before she knew it she was entering into the house, no front door, just an open living room.

"Holy shit" she said, taking in the fancy yet very minimal interior of the whole apartment.

"You said a bad word"