Spring would always come; abigails (venusona)

abigails (venusona)

Summary:

See, Jay is a complicated person, but he loves simple.

Alternatively: Jaywon on their prom night. It's simple as that.
Notes:

So here it is, my joint gift for Jungwon's birthday and Valentine's Day! It's extremely cheesy and stupidly cliche, but I hope it's satisfactory, at least for the fluffluvrs out there lol.

This is unbeta-ed, so I apologize for any mistakes, as well as how incoherent the whole fic is.

Nonetheless, happy Valentine's!! Wishing everyone a lovely new year too ^_^
(See the end of the work for more notes.)
—————————————————————————————

Jay is a complicated person.

There's depths to everything of his, how his mind functions, how numerous of his opinions are formed; or how he's leading a basketball match and has to come up with the perfect strategy and no less than two side plans in order to get the victory cup. He's detailed and he enjoys being detailed.

He believes complicity makes everything better, in a sense. Or at least it makes things a bit more precise, easier to understand; down to the very leaks of each ideas, to the last point of an argumentative essay in senior English class. He likes to practice it like a high-art, by analyzing each concept and tearing down every wonder that comes to mind, giving into the urge to understand.

Yet, there's always an exception, no matter how much you want to avoid it.

See, Jay is a complicated person, but he loves simple.

Right now, he finds himself dithering in front of his date's house, hesitating to ring the bell and his heart beating as if it's never been alive before. His legs is trembling slightly and his mind tells him to run away, like every ordinary lovesick boy ever.

And like every ordinary lovesick boy ever, he stays. A deep breath enters his lungs as his hand reaches out for the door bell. The excitement of seeing his beloved wins in the end.

The bell tingles, and there's rustling before the door opens and reveals a pretty, middle-aged woman. She's roughly a head shorter than Jay, her hair curled and there are light wrinkles tailing her eyes. Jay bows immediately, making a good impression. "Good evening, Mrs. Yang." He greets, smiling.

The woman beams at him, and her eyes remind him so much of a certain boy. "Oh, please. Please just call me ahjumma." She pats his shoulders amicably and invites him in. "I suppose you're here to pick Jungwonie up." She says, walking him into the living room.

"Ah, yes," he half-bows a few more times to show gratitude. "May I introduce myself, I'm Park Jongseong, but you can call me Jay in short, Mrs. Yang- ah, no- ahjumma."

"And I'm Jungwonie's mother," she introduces calmly and holds out a hand. A satisfactory smile adorns her face when Jay accepts the handshake with both hands, bowing deeply. "Such a polite gentleman."

Jay smiles back appreciatively, finally sitting down on the offered couch, hands on his knees. Being raised in a noble family has taught him more than basic manners.

Jungwon's mother pours him a cup of herbal tea, and he accepts it with another bow. She starts when she sees Jay's satisfied expression after a sip of tea. "Jungwonie has told me a lot about you."

"Ah, really?" He asks, feeling his stomach be swarmed with butterflies.

"Oh, dear God, he just never stops." Ahjumma rolled her eyes fondly, clearly not despising the topic one bit. "Always goes on and on about this hyung he met in his dance club." Her eyes land on him, but not scrutinizingly. "Finally, finally, I got a chance to meet this infamous boy."