Only a touch;rightdowntothebone

This one is LONG PERO LONGG
———————————————————-

only a touch
rightdowntothebone

Summary:

"It's not your fault," he manages, squeezing Jungwon's shoulder in an attempt at comforting him. "Not at all. Please don't apologise to me for something that's out of your control. I mean, come on, it's a fucking curse because apparently those exist now. There's nothing you could do."

"I guess." He's still not making eye contact with Jay. "I'm just sorry that you've been dragged into this mess." He snorts humourlessly. "And now you're gonna have to be attached to me for literal months."

"It won't be so bad," Jay says, shocked to find that he means it. "Considering," he puts on a brave face, "considering it's us, right?"

Jungwon looks up at that, face set in wariness. "Yeah," he says slowly, eyes scanning Jay's face. "Yeah, considering it's us."
Or: Jay quickly learns that there are worse things than being curse-bonded to your bandmate.
Notes:

i think there's a severe lack of cursefic in kpop and i've come to rectify that
more codependency who else cheered...i did.
title from sorbet by kelela, who truly released her album at a perfect time
kudos and comments always very appreciated!! comments especially motivate me to write so.. <3
in other news i will be retreating back into my swamp to work on a jaywon fic which will probably be Long so in the unlikely event you find yourself pondering my whereabouts then just know that i'm still around
—————————————————————————————

Jay wakes up to the sound of screaming. For a few brief moments he believes that his brain hasn't fully switched on yet, that the screaming is being vestigially carried over from a strange nightmare he was having about their tour. Then he realises no, he's not dreaming anymore, and bolts upright. His heart is racing as he jumps out of bed. Across from him, Jake groans and curls into himself, resisting being pulled back from the world of dreams.

The screaming still hasn't stopped. It's like a high, thin note being held, only wavering when the screamer needs to draw a breath. There's other noises too, people shouting words Jay can't make out, until the bedroom door bangs open and the screaming grows a notch louder.

Even in the darkness, Jay can see Sunghoon's terrified, panicked expression. "It's Jungwon," he says, syllables meshing together. "Something's wrong, you need to come, it's—"

Sunghoon hauls him by the arm down the hallway and into the bedroom the four of them share. He can hear Jake closely following behind them and he slams into a cacophony of noise, Sunoo and Niki and Heeseung fighting to be heard over Jungwon's screams, and Sunghoon is dragging him further inside until he's standing directly next to—

"Jungwon," he whispers, barely audible even to himself.

Jungwon's face is screwed up in pain as he screams, hands fisted tightly into the bedsheets. His back is arched and Jay catches sight of the lines of sweat trickling down from his temples. How long has he been like this?

"I don't know," Sunoo is shouting frantically. "I don't know what's happening or if he's having a really bad nightmare or what!" He takes hold of Jungwon's shoulders and shakes him. "Wake up!"

"Jungwon," he says again, louder this time, and puts a hand on Jungwon's shoulder.

Inexplicably, the screaming cuts off from one millisecond to the other and Jungwon's body sags like a marionette with all the strings cut. He blinks up at the ceiling in a daze, face flushed and damp with perspiration. The sudden silence, save for Jungwon's panting, makes Jay's ears feel weirdly empty.