❕Raspberry soda hair; yeosakoi

raspberry soda hair
yeosakoi

Summary:

Oh, God, Jungwon realizes with dawning horror. He knows that face.

Without a thought, he's diving under the counter, out of view from the truck window. His heart hammers in his chest, his palms slick with sweat because-

What the hell is Park Jay doing here, in Seoul, when it's thirty-three Celsius out, and more importantly, shirtless?

(or: jungwon's summer job of scooping ice cream and dealing with snotty kids takes a sharp turn at the appearance of one park jay. for better or for worse, life gets more interesting)

stunning art by the amazing lu!
Notes:

For rentfreejay (pixelchip).
☆彡

long story short, i was right. i'm a liar. take whatever this is - it was supposed to be 2k but then got a little out of hand... oops....

was this all an excuse for jaywon to makeout? yep! anyway, enjoy 11k of jay being shirtless and jungwon suffering.

a big thank you to my dearest chip, who this fic is for! and i quote: 'for sitting through all the questionable scenes i send to her at 3 am.' pls take this mess of a fic ily <3.

(title is from waterfalls coming out your mouth - glass animals !)
(See the end of the work for more notes.)
—————————————————————————————

The cheery ding that rings from Jungwon's phone does little to lift the sardonic tilt of his lips, nor does it erase the frown deeply set into his face. It takes him a moment to locate where the vibrations are coming from, finally spotting his beaded phone charm wedged between a haphazard array of brightly-colored spoons and boxes.

It's hardly a surprise to discover that the one blowing up his phone is Sunoo. It's even less of a surprise that Jungwon pulls up their KakaoTalk chatroom to find himself bombarded by a slew of pictures, all featuring no one other than Sunoo himself. Sunlight bounces off his blonde hair as he poses with a peace sign, eyes waned into crescent moons and greenery visible in the distance behind him.

ddeonu!!:

the sun here is amazing ^o^! • (now)

All in all, Sunoo looks like he's having the time of his life, vacationing off at some luxury resort in Jeju Island. Meanwhile, Jungwon is squandering away his summer, working in this hot, hot ice cream truck, dealing with snotty children who try to pay him in sticks of gum instead of bills, all the while dressed in a ridiculous assemble of a striped, short-sleeved shirt and a baby pink apron, complete with frills, tied over it.

God, Jungwon thinks, a little mournfully as he absently piles a scoop of praline pecan onto a cone while watching the distant shadows of little children playing in the sun, why did university textbooks have to be so expensive?

"Um," a shrill voice pipes up, and Jungwon glances down at the sunburnt kid before him, "I wanted butter pecan."

The scooper in his hands nearly bends under his grip.

He must fail to disguise his irritation because the boy looks quite afraid when Jungwon hands him the right cone, scampering off while sending fearful looks over his shoulder. Heaving a sigh, Jungwon picks at the slightly-melted scoops of ice cream that'll be wasted if he doesn't eat them.

He doesn't even like praline or pecans.

The paycheck is worth it, Jungwon attempts to convince himself, but that notion dies as quickly as it surfaces. Who is he kidding, the paycheck isn't worth it at all, but no one else had been willing to employ a freshly-graduated kid who was in desperate need of money.