Dont wanna fall; margiela

I feel so bad for not updating likeeee I swear. But this was is a longggg one but it's good I promise
_____________________________
don't wanna fall
margiela

Summary:

Jongseong has always known what he wants.

(And Jungwon is slow on the uptake.)
Notes:

this really got out of hand...idk how it became so long lol. title comes from don't wanna fall by seven lions, last heroes & haliene. give it a listen!

also, some cultural notes!
– lambda phi epsilon, or lambdas is an asian-american interest fraternity with several chapters at some southern california universities, such as UCI, which is where this fic is loosely set
– arena ktown is a nightclub in koreatown, los angeles and is well known for their mostly-asian demographic, and are famous for their "i do it for the ratchets" LED sign

also! special thanks to mai for listening to me complain while writing this<3
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:
It's not a well-rounded university experience if you don't completely ignore your homework and procrastinate until the very last second. There is something barbaric about the way professors toss out assignments and deadlines without any warning, aside from the syllabus that Jungwon definitely reads so thoroughly that doesn't have to check it every time he breathes. 11:59 PM deadlines can eat Jungwon's a–

Well, you get the picture.

Jungwon wishes that he could say that he's a good student. He wishes he could say that he and his friends are studying and doing their homework on this wonderful, joyous Thursday night and getting everything done before the weekend so they can relax and have fun. Alas, he, Sunoo, and Riki are laying around in various spots in their living room. None of them had even attempted to do any of their work, and it was just an understanding between the three that none of them would be productive tonight. Nothing like solidarity between three lazy best friends.

"Are we going to that party Sunghoon-hyung invited us to?" Jungwon asks suddenly. He only remembers because a banner notification from his chat with Sunghoon-hyung appears on his screen. Jungwon is laying on his stomach on the couch, arm hanging off and resting his phone on the floor as he scrolls through Instagram.

Jungwon recalls the early part of his day, when he was half asleep and in line at the coffee cart in front of the chemistry building where he was about to have a lecture and lab class back to back. He desperately needed to submerge himself in caffeine because he had stayed up late the night before doing absolutely nothing. Well, technically not nothing since he had been scrolling on Tiktok long enough for the sponsored videos from content creators to come up on his for you page, telling him he needed to get a life and go touch some grass and maybe drink some water.

As the healthy young adult with healthy lifestyle habits that he is, he never listens, of course.

Sunghoon had cut the whole line to stand next to Jungwon. There were minimal grumblings because the guy is untouchable and gorgeous and how is anyone going to get mad at a face like that? Sunghoon had flashed that beautiful smile of his at Jungwon and invited him and the others to a party that Lambda Phi Epsilon were having on Friday night.

Jungwon remembers sleepily texting the group chat to let them know about the invitation and then promptly forgot to follow up on it until right now. Jungwon has a hard time remembering anything, honestly, so this isn't a surprise.

"Do you guys want to go? I wouldn't mind. Free alcohol and all that." Sunoo is lying on the floor, phone held high above him as he watches videos on Tiktok and sends them to both Jungwon and Riki, since Tiktok has not created a group chat function yet. Such an inconvenience.