Say Dont Go (Jay and Jungwons Version) ; swtblossom

This was sad. But there's a happy and smexy ending!!!
_____________
Say Don't Go (Jay & Jungwon's Version)
swtblossom

Summary:

Jungwon feels hot - both because of his flushed cheeks and because of the sudden panic in his veins. He's pretty sure he feels the same...right? He likes being with Jay; he loves it more than anything. Jay makes him happy. Jay makes him feel safe and loved. Jay is always there for him, through the good and bad. And looking back at how ecstatic he felt whenever he was with the latter, maybe Jungwon realizes that he wants to do more than just hold hands, lean on his shoulder or hug his arm. Maybe he wants to kiss him and go on silly little dates. Maybe he wants to say "I like you too".

But his brain was screaming "ABORT MISSION!" again and again.

His brain was whispering doubt and fear, telling him that one wrong move and it's not just a relationship that would be ending, but also their so-very precious friendship.

And Jungwon couldn't have that, never. His friendship with Jay was the most important thing in his life. How could he risk losing that over romance?
Notes:

So, this is clearly inspired by Taylor Swift's "Say Don't Go", but less angsty and sad heh. I really wanted to explore this dynamic and hope I was able to deliver things well! The summary sucks, but I promise, the plot is probably better (it was pretty cool in my head anyway). Still, I hope you guys like this!

Also, for funsies, since this is a university/college au, I had these majors in mind for the members:
Jungwon - psychology
Heeseung - music
Jay - business management
Jake - fine arts
Sunghoon - film
Sunoo - psychology
Riki - fine arts

Lastly, remember to separate fiction from reality! This story and its characters do not represent their real life counterparts!
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Say Don't Go - main story

Chapter Text
Flashback, Sophomore Year
"Before you keep fiddling with those Zoom filters, please answer me!" Jungwon whisper-shouted, "Where are we eating lunch?"

Sunoo looked at his friend and casually shrugged with pouted lips, "I don't know honestly. I didn't expect classes to be over so early..."

"Argh, let's just go to the cafe Riki always talks about, then." Jungwon said.

Sunoo was about to open his mouth to reply, but another person's arm suddenly slings around his shoulder. "Hey, Sunoo." the newcomer greeted.

The male nodded in acknowledgment, smiling as he looked up, "Hey. I thought you said you'd have class for the next hour or so?"

"Yeah, but we got dismissed earlier. Wanna talk about the stuff Pres was asking for? Or we could eat lunch first."

Sunoo quickly looked towards Jungwon before returning his gaze to the other male. Chuckling, he replied, "Lunch before student government duties for sure, but I was planning on eating with him," he gestured to his friend before continuing, "so you can join us if you want. That ok, Jungwon?"

Jungwon looked at Sunoo; surely he'd remember that he could be slightly shy with new people, right? He had half the mind to protest, but as he looked towards the newcomer smiling ever so warmly - and charmingly - at him, his heart decided to speak over his brain. "Uh, sure." he ended up saying.

Sunoo smiled brightly, "Ok! So, Jay, this is Jungwon. Jungwon, this is Jay." he pointed at Jay while looking at Jungwon, "We met in the student government since he was assigned to 'mentor' me...you know, 'cause I'm the 'new guy' or whatever."

Jungwon felt small in Jay's piercing and strong gaze; it didn't help that the male was strikingly handsome, effortlessly oozing with a cool and charismatic aura. Why was he staring so intently? Smiling so charmingly? Jungwon cleared his throat and offered a small smile, hoping it was enough to conceal his flustered state. "Hi, nice to meet you." he said.