A little larger than the entire Universe; anonymous

A Little Larger Than the Entire Universe
Anonymous
____________________________
Summary:

"You're in a car with a beautiful boy, and he won't tell you that he loves you, but he loves you."

"You're down bad," Sunoo remarks as he sympathetically pats Jungwon's back, the leader mumbling something about a certain Park Jongseong as he holds his head in his hands, "Like, really bad."

Or, wherein your local hopeless romantic falls for a boy who wears his heart on his sleeve.
Notes:

listen, i know i tagged this as canon compliant but in reality it should be tagged as kinda canon compliant because whoomp there it is, the trans male character tag~

but other than that tiny detail, it is *mostly* canon compliant (bc jungwon being trans isn't like a major plot device thingy lol)

that being said, i literally have no clue what i was trying to do??? i wanted to write jaywon being oblivious to feelings etc etc but uh??? idk i guess that's what i did?

in this fic jaywon met in the summer of 2017 bc yeah former sm trainees :]
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

____________________________
"You're in a car with a beautiful boy, and he won't tell you that he loves you, but he loves you. And you feel like you've done something terrible, like robbed a liquor store, or swallowed pills, or shoveled yourself a grave in the dirt, and you're tired. You're in a car with a beautiful boy, and you're trying not to tell him that you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling, and you're trembling, but he reaches over and he touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist, and you feel your heart taking root in your body, like you've discovered something you didn't even have a name for."

— Richard Siken, You Are Jeff | Crush

"Open up, Jake-hyung made ramyeon," Jungwon jumping at the sudden sound of Riki's voice, the older boy cursing under his breath as he nearly drops the needle that he's holding in his hand, for once thankful that he listened to Sunghoon's never-ending nagging to keep it capped up until it was 'go time.' "Hello? Jungwon-ah? I said, Jake-hyung-"

"Heard you the first time, Niki; I'll be out in five," Jungwon calls out, knowing that Riki (unlike a certain hyung of his) wouldn't mind if he interrupted him, "Tell Jay-hyung to make a plate for me, yeah?" His cheeks heating up when he hears Riki snort, the maknae no doubt making a mile-long list of (unnecessary, yes, but sadly not inaccurate) assumptions that he would without a doubt be sharing with Sunoo.

"Of course," Riki replies, and Jungwon just knows that he's smiling that smile of his. You know, the one where his eyes disappear, his nose scrunching as he excitedly claps his hands like the fifteen-year-old that they often forget he is. "Though you do know that you don't need to ask me to do that, right?"

And Jungwon frowns at that, his brows furrowing as he tears open an alcohol swab, wiping down the area where he'd be doing his injection. "Um, no? I don't?" But before he can ask why, Riki's already beaten him to it.

"Because Jay-hyung would make you a plate even if I didn't ask him to," Riki laughs, completely unaware of how the leader's stomach lurches, his heart suddenly in his throat, "Now hurry it up, we can't have Heeseung-hyung getting all bent out of shape just because you were late to family dinner,"

The leader only offering the blonde a noncommittal noise in response, his lips quirking upwards when he hears Riki mumble something about 'Heeseung-hyung and his microaggressions' as he trods back into the kitchen where the rest of his hyungs were probably (definitely) already eating.