Love that needs to be repaid; darlplusing ❕

This one lowk is sad 💀 also smut at the end so dw 😉
ALSO RLLY GOOD
Enjoy!
_____________________________________

love that needs to be repaid
darlplusing

Summary:

Jungwon sounds sleepy when he responds with, "I guess I just haven't found the perfect guy."

Jay snorts, "Perhaps you need to lower your standards. There's no such thing as perfection."

"There is for me," And there goes that soft voice again, of defeat and regret. "He exists. I know it in my heart." It breaks Jay's to hear him say that. In his head, the forbidden thought finally escapes the prison Jay's made for it. Is it because of me?

or Jungwon's been in love with Jay ever since he was eight and the latter was ten.
Notes:

this will be lacking in many ways, but i promise as my writing skills get better, my constant and nonsensical edits of this fic will one day make it something i can be proud of.

thank u for giving it a chance!
(See the end of the work for more notes.)
____________________________________

Once, when he was just eight years old, Jungwon hit his head so hard at the playground that for an hour afterwards he couldn't remember his own name. It was within that hour when he first met Jay, who he would later learn was one of his neighbors, two years older than him, and even before those things was that he was a really good person. Jungwon remembers that up against the blinding sun was a small human-like being squatting on the floor of the asphalt above him, poking at his throbbing head until he woke up.

A high and pubescent voice then accompanied the human-like being's silhouette, "Are you okay, kid?"

Looking back on it, it's fucking hilarious that Jay, who was also a kid at the time, casually picked him up by the armpits like he was a seasoned babysitter and dusted him off like it was no big deal. Jungwon, being incredibly injured, immediately fell on top of him in a blubbering, dry-heaving heap, which made Sunghoon, Jay's best friend, also run over to pour cold water onto Jungwon's neck.

"Do you think he's concussion?" He vaguely remembered Sunghoon asking Jay, who was busy fanning him with his sports jersey.

"Concussed, dummy, it's concussed. Go find his mom." Jay tapped his head again and asked at an obnoxious volume, "Hey kid, what's your name?"

"I don't...I don't know."

"Aw, man." Jay tsked like a grandmother. "I'm Jongseong, or you can call me Jay. That's my American name, because I'm going to America soon!"

The second he finally could part his eyelids again, a super cute boy was staring down at him, the cool breeze generated from that boy's sweaty jersey making his hair blow.

Twelve years later, Jungwon still hasn't told anyone that that was the moment he realized he was gay.

Being ten years old, it was light work for Jay to chat Jungwon's mom up once Sunghoon flagged her down, introducing himself as the boy from Apartment 603 in Building 01, and that he didn't think Jungwon was concussed, but since he wasn't a doctor she should still take him to the emergency room just to be sure.

She was charmed, to say the least, and from that day forward, every time Jungwon was about to go outside, she would give him an extra 2,000 won to make sure that he bought his Jay and Sunghoon-hyungs snacks after school.

"Hold your hyungs' hands when you cross the street, you promise?" She'd boop at Jungwon's nose, showing him how to most effectively hide the money in his backpack like some sort of domestic drug lord. She said it every day needlessly, since Jungwon did not need an excuse to want to hold Jay's hand.